Thursday, September 18, 2014

21 Day Fix, Day 10

Ok so day 10 was yesterday but instead of blogging last night, I just relaxed and spent the post-kid bedtime with my husband...needed some quality time.  Made myself a cup of green tea and we watched a documentary on FDR.


Recap on Day 10....

Woke up and did Lower Fix and as usual loved my work out.  I love working the legs and lower body because I'm building up lots of muscles and I'm burning a ton of calories while doing so.  The 30 minutes still fly by and I'm still looking forward to waking up and pushing play....WIN.


I had a great day with the girls going to the library for story time, heading to the park to feed the ducks and playing and then doing things together at home.  It was such a beautiful day!  Watching how big both my girls are getting is heart warming and heart wrenching.  While it's so fun to see them move on to the next stage (especially because it gets easier!)...it's also hard to say goodbye to the old stages.  Stella is such an active participant in classroom settings - always answering questions and just loves to learn..so the library is super fun for her.  Vera used to despise the swings and now she acts like shes on the best roller coaster of her life.  "More dog please" as she requests another underdog.


21 Day Fix Meal Recap for Day 10

Breakfast: Red - Egg Whites
AM Snack: Yellow - Ezekiel bread, 2 tsp - All natural peanut butter
Lunch: Red - Shakeology, Red - Greek Yogurt, Purple - Banana
PM Snack: Green - Cauliflower, Blue - Hummus
Dinner: Red - Chicken breast, Yellow - Sweet Potato, Orange - Balsamic Vinegar

Now for the FUN part.

I said I was going to weigh myself on day 10 and take measurements, so here we go.

I am down 5 lbs and lost 4 inches in 10 days so far.  I'm very happy with the progress I've seen in only 10 short days.  Numbers don't always mean a lot to me....what I see in the mirror and how I FEEL is way more important to me.  These pictures aren't extreme because I am not a big transformation story.  I've been working on my journey for a while now so I'm really working on toning and getting a lean/strong physique.

Day 1 on left and Day 10 on right
Day 1 on the left and Day 10 on the right
It's not easy posting pictures of yourself - but I know that it's important to see visuals so they can believe the words that you're saying.

From the pictures on the left....I can totally tell that I wasn't putting my full effort into sticking to my meal plans when I was doing PiYo.  I feel like I backslid a little bit from my results from T25 because I let myself have too many cheat meals during that time.  When we had things like family visiting and weddings to go to....it was hard.  Now I'm feeling SO back on track and amazing.  I know 80% of it is because I'm sticking to the 21 Day Fix meal plans and these workouts are really shaping my body! I can feel and see how much stronger my core is and my legs have never felt so tough.

These are only the "almost" half-way point of this 21 Day Fix journey.  I still have days 11-21 and the last week I'm going to follow the double workout schedule and work my tail off.  I plan to finish the program and then do the 3 day refresh to work on any plateau that I might have hit, so I'm super excited about doing that for my first time too.  Details to follow!