Monday, September 8, 2014

21 Day Fix: Day 1

I've been anticipating this day for a while now since I first purchased my 21 Day Fix program.  I wanted to wait until I completed my PiYo program first because I like to see things through.

So here goes the recap on Day 1!

I woke up at 5 am, drank my water and E&E (can't live without this stuff), laced up my tennis shoes and got ready for my first 21 Day Fix workout.  I put my workout clothes on before bed because I really don't want to have to stumble around at 5 am looking for all my items!

Today's workout was Total Body Cardio and it.was.amazing!  The entire thing was 30 minutes and you do 1 minute intervals of different exercises with a short break in between.  I felt like the 30 minutes flew by and I was never looking at the timer countdown thinking "when will this be over?!". And let me tell you, it was a great workout.  I literally had sweat pouring off my arms.  I really like the trainer, Autumn Calabrese - which I'm super excited about.  Sometimes you just never know if a trainer is going to annoy you.  She certainly does not.  And I want her abs - so I'll listen to her :)  I burned 248 calories and that's usually where I like to get in a good workout of that time frame, so I was definitely happy with that!

Before we get into the food - this is a sample of what my tracker looks like.  You calculate what calorie bracket you should be in and then you are allowed so many of each container per day.



After the workout, I showered (of course) and then started to prepare breakfast.  Today's breakfast was 1 yellow container and 1 red container.  Yellow was rolled oats just cooked in water and Red was my favorite go-to breakfast of egg whites.  These containers look small but they are sneaky that way.  I was VERY full!


I am working at my husband's office today because the internet isn't limited like it is at home.  So for my morning snack I packed my little thermal tote and took it with me.  1 purple container contained sliced apples and 1 Blue container contained 12 almonds.  I like to space my meals about 2.5-3 hours apart by the way.  I feel that keeps me feeling satisfied, lessens cravings, and keeps my metabolism going for sure.

Working as MY OWN BOSS and enjoying my morning snack!

Then there's lunch - and I always get excited about lunch because that means it's Shakeology time!! This is how my Shakeology recipe was broken out using the 21 Day Fix containers.  1 Red is my Chocolate Shakeology scoop, 1 Red is my greek yogurt, 1 Purple is banana, and 1 orange is a flaxseed. Blend all of these babies up with lots of ice and water and I have a delicious lunch (& dessert by the way)!!  This keeps me full for a long time too which is super helpful because if I'm at home with the girls - afternoon time is when I am most likely to crave snacks.



For my afternoon snack I thought it would be a great time to start using the green container and get some veggies in.  So I cut up some summer squash and zucchini and baked it in the oven @ 350 for about 10 minutes.  So this used up one of my green containers and I sprinkled some of my homemade spice mixture on since those are unlimited :) YUM!



I'll probably have a lot of the same items for breakfast, lunch and snacks - but dinner is where I'll want to try to mix it up between days.  Today I have 1 Red container for tuna fish (planned on chicken breasts but they weren't thawed yet so improvised on my protein!), 1 Yellow container for steamed sweet potato, 1 Green container for broccoli, and 1 Green container for cucumber.  First look at everything in the containers - looks like so little food, right? 



But then look at the picture of everything on my plate.  That is actually a LOT of food!



I also get 2 tsp of my choice (there are different options) and today I chose 2 tsp of all natural peanut butter - because who doesn't LOVE a little PB!!  I had this at 7pm because I'm going to get all of my food in every day before 7 pm.  I find that when I do this, my stomach feels SO much better in the morning and I always thank myself the next day!

So that wraps up my Day 1.  I hope it was helpful to read what it entailed.  I had a great day, I felt very satisfied and full and more importantly - I felt a lot of energy and no stomach discomfort!  Can't wait for Day 2 tomorrow. 

Reminder: this program is the September Special and my new challenge group starts September 15th.  If you've been contemplating doing something, now is a great time!