Wednesday, September 10, 2014

21 Day Fix: Day 3

It's time to call day 3 a wrap!  Great day and stayed on track.

This morning I did Lower Fix and completely loved it.  I love working my legs and I'm always so surprised at how high my heart rate gets through lower body workouts.  Like Chalene Johnson always told me in PiYo, your legs are your secret to your metabolism! :)  Vera decided to grace me with her presence this morning really early - but thankfully it was near the end of my 30 minute workout.


So far I would say my favorite workout so far is Lower Fix, then Total Body Cardio, and then Upper Fix.  I also tried the 10 Minute Ab Fix from DVD #1 and really liked that too.  My abs were on fire! After the girls woke up from their nap, Stella asked if we could do some workouts.  So I threw on Total Body Cardio and we did about 20 minutes of it.  They lose interest after a while :)  And mostly Stella just started to get upset because I wouldn't let her use my 10 lb weights.  But I really didn't want any broken little feet in my house!

Food was pretty simple today....


Breakfast: 1 Red - Egg Whites
AM Snack: 1 Purple: Grapes
Lunch: 1 Red: Chocolate Shakeo
            1 Red: Greek Yogurt
            1 Purple: 1 Banana
            1/4 Yellow: 1/2 cup Almond Milk (can only use this 3x a week as a subsitution for yellow)
PM Snack: 1 Green: Cucumbers
                   1 Blue: Hummus
                   2 tsp of all natural peanut butter
Dinner: Jenna had soccer practice tonight in Zeeland - so we actually just picked her up and took her out to eat.  I was super nervous because I wanted to make sure I made good choices.....it went well.
             1 Red: Salmon
             1 & 3/4 Yellow: Plain Baked Sweet Potato
             1 Green: Brocolli

Looks like I missed one green and one orange today.  Need to do better about not missing any containers but some days you just do your best.

I'm personally just super proud of my will power at dinner because we went to Logan's.  Have you ever had the rolls there?  YUM is all I can say.  And I didn't eat any.  That was the toughest part. And I really felt like a glass of wine!  I can substitute a yellow one day for a glass of wine.  You get 3 yellow substitutions a week.  So I have 2 left after using some for almond milk in my Shake today.  I think I'll use one of those soon for a glass of wine.  

We are going to the Tiger's game on Sunday so I'm going to have to make sure to pack some snacks in my purse to keep me on track.  I refuse to cheat during this 21 days!  I'm following this program!

Looking forward to a new workout tomorrow.  What I really love about the workouts so far is that you do certain exercises for a minute.  I love that she says "you can do anything for 60 seconds".  I feel like it makes it go really fast and I just enjoy how it's set up.  Oh, and my body can definitely feel the work for sure!

Just got my ticket for my first Beachbody Super Saturday event and Jenelle Summers is going to be the speaker.  So excited to see her.  She's awesome and she's also Chalene Johnson's sister.  Can't wait to go with my team!