Monday, September 29, 2014

Results from My 21 Day Fix

First of all, I have to apologize for the pictures - it's not easy taking them by yourself.  But these will do the trick.

Overall, I'm really happy with my results from the 3 week program.  I got to where I wanted to be weight-wise and I was able to lose inches and tone up majorly in the process. Most importantly, I love the way I feel and am so happy with what I've learned and the healthy habits that I've formed over the last 21 days.  Some days were certainly not easy.  But anything worth anything doesn't come easy.

For the actual results - I lost a total of 7 pounds.  I'm at a weight now that I'm usually at when I plateau.  But I'm happy with it because it's a very healthy weight for me.  I've also gained a lot of muscle through this program so weight can't really be a huge factor for me.  I'm more concerned with being strong, than skinny.  I lost a total of 5 inches from my waist, hips, arms, and thighs.  So that definitely told me that I toned up.

I've learned so much about portion control and now my body is used to eating the correct portions - of the correct types of food each day.  I know how much healthy fats I should be eating....and how much fruit to eat, and when I should eat the fruit.

If you're struggling to start your journey to health and need help with nutrition and meal planning - this program is definitely one for you.  And if you enjoy fun workouts with a variety of cardio, strength training with weights, pilates, and yoga - and have 30 minutes a day to devote to yourself - this one is the bomb diggity.

Here are some before and after pics.  Nothing earth-shattering, but I wasn't going for that.  I just am continuing on my journey to creating & maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The only thing I'm trying to succeed at is to be a little better than I was yesterday.  What I notice in these pics is stronger upper thigh muscles, tighter stomach and stronger arms.

Day 21!!!
And for a little perspective on where I came from to now....a look into my ongoing journey....here is a pic of me trying on wedding dresses.  I was 25 pounds heavier in 2010 than I am now.  You can see it in my face and arms....and I hid a LOT in my stomach.  I'm tall and have a longer torso so I always could hide it well.  I was also a size 8-10 in pants and now I'm a 2-4.  Even though the weight isn't significant - the pant size change alone tells you that I have gained muscle and become leaner.  The most important part of it all - I'm 100% healthier than this version of me in 2010....in mind, body, and spirit!  PS - it was also really hard for me to find a full length picture of me from back then.  I wasn't a huge fan of getting my picture taken because I wasn't happy with what I saw.  So that also shows me how much my confidence has changed throughout this journey.