Friday, May 26, 2017

I Quit.

Yes, you read that right. I quit.

I am filled with mixed emotions here as I type this but I need to get it out so here goes.

I decided to part ways with Beachbody.

I started coaching in July 2014 and it has been a wild journey. I would NEVER take any of it back and I am so thankful that I followed my heart with this opportunity and worked as hard as I did.

I was very successful with my business. Over the last few years I have helped well over a thousand people begin or continue to lead healthier lives. That was my goal when I started. I didn't start doing it to build a business.....I really just thought it would be fun and I was passionate about it because of how I had seen my life change when I focused on my own health and fitness. But I am an extremely hard worker - and as any good business owner knows, hard work bundled together with extreme consistency can pay off really well. Before I knew it I was making about the same amount of $$ as I was in my previous full time, out-of-the-house career as a financial analyst. AND I was blessed enough to stay home with my girls and didn't have to pay a daycare $450 a week anymore to watch them while I worked.

So it blossomed into something bigger than I had ever imagined - even though I didn't start with that intention.

I have gone to Nashville twice, met all of the celebrity trainers and had pics, autographs, prizes, etc. and received valuable training. I've won several awards for my hard work. I'd earned and went on two all inclusive vacations....so believe me when I say - I was definitely rewarded for all of my hard work.

For a while there, my team was growing and things were on fire. But honestly - being a coach is hard work. I tell anyone who wants to sign up the truth. It's NOT easy money. It takes a ton of heart, consistency, vulnerability, and patience. It's hard enough to convince people that they DO have the time to do a 30 minute workout - let alone try to make people understand that they can make time for coaching others as well. IT.IS.HARD. Can it be worth it? Of course! If your heart it truly into the ENTIRE package of being a coach. It was heart breaking to watch my coaches under me do everything I was doing but not seeing the success that I was experiencing. I desperately wanted them to reap the rewards for their hard work but that wasn't happening.

Coaches on my team came and went. Some have stayed on for the long haul. But I honestly never liked the "recruiting" part of the business. I love running my health and fitness groups and helping people that way - but never felt passionate about the other side of the business. And let's face it - if you don't do both sides of the equation, it will not be sustainable for very long. Those are just the facts.

I started to question myself in the fall of 2016. I honestly didn't know what I wanted. I was feeling strongly like stepping back because my heart just wasn't totally in it anymore. Not into the whole "coaching" package. I felt very overwhelmed with the amount of time I was spending on my business and was letting it consume WAY too much of my time and energy. I was doing this business so I could stay home and focus on my family but I found myself being pulled away from the very thing I had set out to do in the first place. So I decided to do the parts of the business that I enjoyed and not worry about the rest. And my balance in life came back.

So now - how do I feel? Honestly - I feel like a new chapter is beginning. I have plans to start something of my own and all of that will be coming out here soon!! It's just in the works and lots of hard work is going on behind the scenes.  Why can't I still be a coach and do other things?

Because I feel like if I'm not in it 100% - then I would be doing a disservice to myself and to others. I have no interest in growing a coaching business with Beachbody any longer. I do still plan to run groups on facebook and help people with accountability and support, and I will always support Beachbody fitness programs - because they are amazing!!! But I don't need to be a coach to support that.

And - you are not allowed to be a Beachbody coach and be signed up with any other MLM and I don't want to limit myself. There are so many other companies (non-health related and health related) that I am interested in and I really don't want to have to choose one. I understand why the rule is there - but if I'm not here to grow a business, then why stay? Not when I'm interested in other avenues for myself too.

So I have decided to part ways with Beachbody. I will forever be thankful to Beachbody for my journey over the last few years. I will continue to do the fitness programs because like I said - they are incredible! Will I receive backlash and judgement from this decision and for the announcement of my new business ventures? Absolutely. Is that because Beachbody is a bad company? NO. It's because PEOPLE are not perfect and some people will absolutely find ways to speak poorly about me and my decisions. And that is OK! Because what other people think about me has nothing to do with me! We cannot control other people. We can only control OURSELVES.

I will keep spreading love and light into the world. I will not speak poorly of anyone and definitely will not speak poorly of Beachbody. They are a wonderful company that truly does seek to help people live healthier lives. Just because I no longer wish to pursue building a career with the business does not change that.

I will still be here as support for all of my clients that I have been working with over the last few years and I will be here for anyone new who could use some help as well. So please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need some support starting your health and fitness journey. Nothing has changed as far as my HUGE PASSION goes....the passion for helping people to be healthy, happy and confident. My future {{super soon}} endeavors will always be fueled by this same passion.

I thank everyone who has been on this journey with me from the very bottom of my heart. And I look forward to sharing the two big projects I'm working on.

xoxo - your biggest supporter forever.....Beachbody coach or not :)

Krysta Joelle