Monday, September 11, 2017

A Tiger Can't Change its Stripes


I was a Beachbody health and fitness coach for 3 years. I poured my heart and soul into it because I loved my career doing it. It filled my heart with happiness and it gave me a deeper purpose....a purpose of helping other people live healthier lives.

This is something that is so very important to me. Living a healthy life. This is something that was never something I put value on until after I had my first baby. I was so unhealthy my whole life and I just thought that was the way I was - and that was the way it was going to be. It's what I saw. I thought it was in my genes.

Turns out I was grossly mistaken and once I truly took matters into my own hands and finally gave a damn about working towards my health - everything changed.



The girl on the left was me actually about 11 years ago now. She was so very unhealthy and she was sad. She never exercised. Ever. Her nutrition consisted of eating out or food from a box. The only thing she drank was copious amounts of Diet Coke and too much alcohol. She hardly slept because her anxiety and depression kept her up at night. Her stress levels were through the roof. She suffered from migraine headaches all of her life and was sick all of the time. There were never enough sick days at work.

This girl didn't have a clue how to take care of herself. Or maybe she didn't feel she was worth it. She hated looking in the mirror and would avoid it at all costs.
Then I met my husband. Then I had my first daughter and my second.
I didn't want to be that person anymore. I knew not only was I worth taking care of, but now I had a whole family who needed me at my best.
What would I teach these little girls about health and self worth with the way I took care of myself?
So I learned. So I worked really hard and made big changes in my life. Was it easy and super fun all the time? Heck to the no.
But after over three years of daily and CONSISTENT dedication to my health, I'm now that girl on the right. A girl who loves herself enough to want to take care of her body, mind and soul. A wife who loves to feel confident. A mommy who feels proud of the example she sets for her little girls.
I feel 10 years younger than the girl on the left. I can literally feel her pain looking at the picture.
Why share all of this? Because I wasn't always the girl posting about fitness and health. I was a super duper hot mess before. And if I could make changes, literally ANYONE can. I promise you.
And just because I'm not a Beachbody coach anymore, doesn't mean ANYTHING about my passion and what I feel part of my calling is has changed. That's why I still run support groups and spend SO much of my time helping ANYONE who wants it. I don't get any paycheck anymore for one bit of it. I do it because I LOVE it.
When I was coaching - I always told everyone this "Even if I didn't receive a paycheck (and they were pretty lucrative ones after working my booty off) - I would still do what I do."
And if you know me - you know I've followed through on every word of that.
SO this blog is to let you know that I am here. If you are feeling lost in your journey...or lack thereof. If you feel like you could just use a little support, a little guidance...someone who won't let you give up on yourself and keep quitting. I'm here.
I just started a new group and we have about 32 women now who are committed to supporting one another in this journey. There are no strict rules. There is nothing to buy. Just a great group of women, trying to do this thing together with some accountability. If you are interested - shoot me an email to krystajmeyer@gmail.com and I'd love to chat with you and get you in our group.
A true tiger never changes its stripes. I am still the same person I was when I was technically a Beachbody coach - and I'm still here for you.