Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Change is Scary

I don't think I'm alone when I say that change can be scary. We find comfort in the "same". The unknown is feared so sometimes we stay where we are because we'd rather feel safe.

But is just feeling safe really living?

I talk with so many people on a daily basis and I definitely would say that fear of change is the number one thing that holds people back from the things they want in life.

Some people want to be healthier - but they fear changing their nutrition. They fear failure. They fear the unknown. So they figure they will wait until the time is right.

Some people want to make a career change - but they fear making a big life change. Of course this is scary! Even though money isn't the answer to happiness...it is necessary to make sure we can make money to support ourselves.

Some people fear judgement from others - so it paralyzes them from making any decisions at all. "what will they think of me?" I would say this one is surprisingly one of the top fears. We are so concerned with what others might think of our decisions that we just stay where we are. We stay safe.

But let me ask you this...

--> when was the last time someone paid your bills with their opinions?
--> would you rather do the things that you want now or hold regret later in life?

I can promise you this. When you are 90, sitting in your chair...talking with your grandchildren or great-grandchildren - one thing you're NOT going to say is "oh, I'm so glad I didn't decide to start my own business because I was safe from those people judging me".

You are going to wish you did ALL.THE.THINGS. But we can't go back. We have the present time to do the things. And I think we can all agree that time flies. Like super fast. And it gets faster and faster the older you get.

So my advice when it comes to change - don't feel like you need to make all these grand changes all at once. Work towards them gradually if you need to. Let the fear of what other people think of you go. The people that have your back and want to see you succeed will be there.  Focus not on the things you may have to give up - but instead on all that you may gain!

If you ever want to chat about some changes you want to make that are scaring the crap out of you - I'd love to be a listening ear. Reach out to me on facebook or feel free to email me.



xoxo, krysta joelle