Sunday, September 21, 2014

21 Day Fix - Day 13

I cannot believe that almost 2 weeks are down with only 1 to go.  It has flown by - but what is new there? Why does life speed by faster and faster the older we get?  Sometimes I wish it would just slow down because it's too fast.  Don't get me wrong, there are some days as a SAHM where I do wish the day would speed up and wonder when bedtime will grace me with its presence.  :)  But in general, weeks and months race right by us and before you know it, your first little baby is in preschool having in depth conversation with you about Jesus and Heaven.  Ahhh!

Yesterday was Day 13 of the 21 Day Fix and I didn't wake up super early to get my workout in.  I think knowing it was Saturday and that Chad was here, I told myself I could sleep in until 7 and just workout later. Mistake my friends. When I don't get my workout done in the morning, I just feel off and sluggish.  We had Jenna's soccer game in the morning and then Chad had to mow our gigantic lawn when we got home.  So my workout waited until the girls nap time. While Daddy mowed, we played in the fort he built for them and then played with a favorite, play-doh!  I think they sat here for over an hour and didn't want to stop for lunch.



When nap time rolled around, I drank my E&E and then I finished Dirty 30 and felt SO much better when I was done.  My body is sore and worked hard this week for sure.


But I know that working hard in the gym (or my living room) and in the kitchen pays off both physically and mentally for me - so I push myself.  I'm SEEING my body change and I can see definition from my hard work and that is one great reward.


21 Day Fix Meal Recap of the day....

Breakfast: Red - Egg Whites, Yellow - Ezekiel bread
AM Snack: Green - cucumber, Blue - hummus.  I also snuck in 2 handfuls of the girls trail mix.  I guess I didn't have the willpower to say no today.  I'm only human! :)
Lunch: Red - Shakeo, Red - Greek Yogurt, Purple - Banana, Tsp - PB2
PM Snack: Purple - Grapes
Dinner: We really wanted to get out of here so we took the girls out to eat.  Red - Fish, Green - Asparagus, I also had a small Caesar salad which I totally shouldn't have on the fix - so I would have to consider that a cheat.  I'm ok with it though because I feel good about how diligent I've been and it was just one small salad. :)  But I have to hold myself accountable because that's the whole reason I'm even doing this!

And I leave you with this picture that just melts my heart.