Monday, September 15, 2014

Balance is Key

Sorry for the lack of posts over the weekend.  But I am a firm believer that you need to have the right kind of balance in your life.  I feel like during the week we do so much rushing around.  I try not to do too much work while the girls are awake because I want to be present in the moment with them and not always on the computer or with my face plastered to my phone.  After the girls go to bed every night I usually grab my computer and get to work to get as much done before I need to get some sleep myself.

This weekend we had Jenna's first soccer game, lots of game playing, and puzzles, and book reading, We also went to the Tiger's game yesterday.  We have been going with my Dad and my step-mom for a few years now and taking Jenna once a year and this year was Stella's first time to go too. So needless to say, I didn't get much computer time this weekend. :)

Even through the busy-ness of the weekend and the delicious temptations of the Tiger's game, I did stick to my 21 Day Fix workouts and meal plans.  It was pretty tough yesterday because I couldn't eat dinner until we got home at 8 pm.  That is too late for me to eat and I was starving by that point.  But you know what, life gets busy and things happen and sometimes you just have to work around it.



21 Day Fix::::: Day 6 & 7.  Day 6 workout was Dirty 30 and Day 7 was Yoga Fix.  They were the perfect ending to the week.  The Dirty 30 got my heart rate up and I felt the burn.  Then yesterday (Sunday), it was a stretch and yoga session.  It was just what my sore muscles needed, not to mention awesome for my brain for a little slow down and extra meditation time.

Quick Rundown on how my Fix meals went for the weekend.

Saturday:
                Red - egg whites, Shakeology Greek Yogurt
                Yellow - Ezekiel break, TREAT substitution - dark chocolate chips
                Green - cucumbers, asparagus, spinach
                Blue - hummus
                Orange - homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing
               Purple - watermelon, banana

Sunday: this day was hard because I was not at home from 8am to 8pm - so I really had to prepare and bring stuff with me.
             
              Breakfast before we left:
                           Red - Shakeology
                           Red - Greek Yogurt
                           Purple - Banana
              AM Snack in car:
                           Green - Cucumber
                           Blue - Hummus
             Lunch at the game:
                          2 Yellows - Peanut Butter Lara Bar (stinks that I had to use 2 yellow, but they are                                                     great natural bars and they keep me full.)
             Afternoon Snack in car:
                          Purple - Watermelon
             Dinner when we finally got home:
                         Green - spinach for salad
                          Red - chicken breast
                          Orange - balsamic dressing

It was a great weekend full of family and running around.  Even though I'm the type of person that always wants to get some work done when I have a few minutes of down time - I know that it's super important to keep the balance so I don't burn out.

Today starts the preseason for my September Slim Down challenge group and I'm so pumped up for my coaches and challengers.  Looking forward to another 60 days of accountability, inspiration, and life-changers!