Tuesday, September 16, 2014

21 Day Fix, Day 9

Tuesday mornings are preschool mornings for Stella so I make sure to move quickly when my alarm goes off at 5 am.  The first thing I do in the morning is get my glass of water and mix in my E&E (energy and endurance formula) and drink that right away.  Then I get my 21 Day Fix DVD popped into the DVD player, get my heart rate monitor on and make sure I have everything I need for my workout.  I usually wait at least 15 minutes to start my workout after I drink my E&E because that's when it usually starts to kick in.  If I have a few extra minutes, I'll start checking in on my challenge groups and working on my game plan for the day.

Today's workout was Upper Fix and it was a good one.  With Total Body Cardio and then my run yesterday, I was looking forward to working my upper body today.  I am really enjoying using weights in my workouts and my body definitely can feel the change.  After that workout was done, I decided to do the 10 Minute Ab Fix too....because who can't use a little extra ab work now and again? With the two workouts combined I burned about 250 calories.


After my workout - Chad had already claimed the shower so I made my breakfast quick. I usually always try to eat my breakfast right after my workout or right after my shower.  It's really important to not wait too long to eat your breakfast!  Breakfast today was 1 Red Container: Egg Whites and 1 Purple Container: strawberries.  Did you know it's best to eat your berries earlier in the day because they are higher in natural sugars?

After my shower, the girls got up so we did oatmeal for breakfast (they are mildly obsessed with oatmeal).  Then we all got ready and did hair and were out the door to drop Stella off to preschool. She is loving preschool so much!


Vera definitely misses her sister while she's gone, but it's really nice for us to have some one-on-one time since she's the second - we never got that time until now!


We did lots of puzzles, she helped me do some laundry, and we had our morning snacks.  I had a Green Container of raw cauliflower and a Blue Container of hummus and Vera had some raisins. Then before we knew it, it was time to go pick up Stella.  We had to go straight to the mall today because Stella suddenly has grown out of all of her shoes so she needed some new tennis shoes. SAD news is that flip flop weather is about gone.  Not for me yet - I REFUSE to stop until it snows.  But I can't have my kids in flip flops when it's in the 40s....that's just bad parenting :)  So we found some shoes, rode the elevator and escalator (one of their favorite past-times), played a little bit in the play area and then were off for home to get lunch ready.

Lunch for me was a Red Container of Shakeology, Red Container of greek yogurt, a Purple Container of Banana, lots of water and ice!  The girls decided they wanted to make their own turkey sandwiches with string cheese and strawberries.

When nap time rolled around, the girls fell right asleep and I got to work checking in on my challengers, answering questions, and then spent the rest of nap time reading some personal development (currently reading the Compound Effect).

My afternoon snack was a Yellow Container of Ezekiel bread and 2 Tsp of All Natural Peanut Butter. YUM!  That's like a dessert to me now for sure.  The girls woke up from their nap and requested cucumbers and hummus.....really loving how they are craving the healthy snacks now too!  I also added in a Green Container of cucumber for myself too.


Another exciting part of our day was that it was Stella's first night of gymnastics.  She completely adored her class and was full of so much excitement.  Vera wasn't that pleased that she couldn't join in on the fun, but I did let her do the balance beam and take pictures of Stella :)

ready to head out the door for gymnastics


After gymnastics we came home for dinner.  I had one Red Container of chicken breast and 1 Yellow Container of sweet potato.  I feel like my appetite is slowly getting smaller since being on the 21 Day Fix....usually I'm really hungry at dinner time but I'm just not that way over this past week.  I think it's because I'm getting the right kinds of foods all throughout the day and just not a lot of a certain kind.  Even though I was eating super clean - I think I ate too much of the same food groups and wasn't always getting enough of what my body needed.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this program??  I can definitely see changes in my body already.  I feel much more toned and tighter and I am already feeling a lot more muscle in my legs and abs.  So much of my success relates right back to food and how well I stick to my plan.  That's what I love about this program - it's all set out for you, no guess work.  Can I cheat?  Of course I can - but if I cheat, I'm only cheating myself.  So I choose not to.

Anywho - all is quiet in Casa de Meyer...the girls are sleeping and I'm ready to get to work.  I'm focusing on my 3 major goals in life right now and writing actual action steps that I need to be taking daily to reach those goals.  No more "general" goals.  Those never happen because they aren't set right out there for me.  Dreams are great, but action plans to reach your goals and dreams are where it happens!!