Friday, September 19, 2014

21 Day Fix, Day 12

Wowzers - my body is tired after today.  Looking forward to Yoga fix on Sunday for a stretch and cool down from this week.

Woke up at 4:30 this morning, drank my E&E and did Cardio Fix and 10 Minute Ab Fix. That Cardio Fix is a workout and a half - let me tell you what.


We decided to get a family membership at the Y today for lots of reasons and I'm SO PUMPED. Now I can take the girls swimming and do programs there.  I also really want to get into running again - to compliment my strength training type Beachbody programs that I'll always do.  But I really do love running and it's not super easy to find the time when the girls are with me at home.  I do all my workouts really early in the morning before they wake up every day - but I can't really go outside and take off running and leave them here alone.  :)  Now I'm able to go to the Y to run and the kids can have fun with other kids in the kid zone for 30-45 minutes.  Stella begged me to go after lunch today because she was so excited.  So we went and they loved the kid zone!  I ran 2 miles on the treadmill, did a half mile on the arc machine thing (like eliptical just a little different), and then ran another mile on the treadmill. Even though running outside is amazing, one thing I really love about the treadmill is I can clearly see my pace and I push myself a lot harder.  I made myself run at least a 10:00/mile pace and I was definitely elevating the heart rate.  Afternoon cardio session was a success!


After the girls naps were done - we went back to the Y and I took the girls swimming.  They LOVED it.  They have a big really shallow area with a dump bucket and toys.  They were in heaven.  The guy at the front desk asked if we had already been there a few times today.  I assured him that this would be our last visit.

My body has definitely had enough today.  But it all felt great, that's for sure.  Looking forward to a little R&R and quality time with Chad tonight after the girls go to bed.  It's been a long week for both of us.

Food wasn't much different than the past few days.  Egg whites and ezekiel bread for breakfast. Cucumbers & Cauliflower with hummus for snack.  Shakeo + greek yogurt + banana for lunch. Grapes & Apple + 2 tsp all natural peanut butter for snack.  Chicken breast + Kale salad with some balsamic vinegar.  I am a little hungry still but I think it's because I burned 850 calories today in workouts alone.  I only had one yellow container today (ezekiel bread) - so I think I'm finally going to allow myself a 4oz glass of wine tonight.  On the 21 Day Fix you are allowed to substitute one of your yellow containers for a 4 oz glass of wine (or other treat substitutions), but only 3 times a week. I haven't had any alcohol in the last 12 days yet - so I think I can enjoy one glass tonight!  I was going to have one tomorrow if we could find a sitter for a date night, but that didn't pan out.  So at home it is!