Friday, October 3, 2014

Let's Have Another Baby.

Today has just been one of those really good days.  You know those days where things just seem easy and everything just kind of flows? I'm super thankful that this is how our Friday has gone.

I woke up at 5 am and got my Lower Fix workout on.  Yesterday I only did a workout at the gym so I this morning I needed some Autumn Calabrese in my life. Lower Fix is definitely one of my favorites so that always makes the morning start out right.  I'm not following the calender this week since I'm just between programs so I'm just picking my favorite ones to do.  Next week I start ChaLEAN Extreme and I'm pumped.  I need structure in my life and following a Beachbody program from start to finish using the schedule provided with the workouts just works so well for me.

The girls both slept in until 7 so I was able to get some work done this morning and could check in with a few challengers and answer some questions.  After breakfast, I had to get a few things done, like fill out super exciting paperwork to apply for their passports.  And it was just one of those morning where they played insanely well together, no fighting.  I didn't hear a word for like 10 minutes (I was working at the kitchen table).  So I go to check the situation out and Stella is out in the living room reading books and Vera is in Stella's room just playing Barbies by herself.  It doesn't happen often that they are just both entertaining themselves for this long - so like I said, just one of those GOOD days!  These are the days when you think "we should probably have another baby, this is SO EASY."  Then tomorrow comes and everyone is crying at the same time, and you spill milk all over the kitchen and the girls are fighting because they have to be using the exact same toys at the exact same time.  And you're brought right back to reality that being a parent is really hard. But super awesome too...but no, we aren't really going to have another baby!

The girls asked if we could go to the Y and go to Kid Zone today...and I told them that I had an even better plan.  They could go to Kid Zone for a little bit and then we could go swimming.  So I was able to get 4 miles in on the treadmill and then we all went swimming.  They had a blast. So did I. :)

They begged me to go out to eat since we don't do it that often.  Since it was already 12:30, I gave in and let them choose Wendy's.  GASP.  Fast food?  You let your kids eat fast food and you're all about clean, healthy eating???  YES.  I'm also not going to be a psycho about it to my kids.  They are kids, they are going to be exposed to fast food and other crap food in their lives, whether it be at school, at friends houses, on their own.  I don't want to make it something that is a monster huge deal and create a complex in them.  They know it's not the best choice, Stella will even tell you. So we make it a treat and we don't make a big deal out of it.  So they split a burger and a super small fry....not like they had value meals. :)  I do admit though, I feel bad as I sit there and watch them eat it. Because I don't get anything for myself and just WON'T eat that stuff at all anymore....so I feel bad that I let them eat it sometimes.  But, everything in moderation and I just don't want to be all crazy on them.  We do our best to buy really good food to have here at home.  It's all about making the best decisions you can at least 80% of the time.

We got home and got ready for naps and I was making my Shakeology for lunch, which was delicious by the way. And I go find them playing super nice again in Stella's room.  Seriously, how precious are these two?  How did I get so blessed?  There is so much love in my heart for these girls I literally feel like my heart is going to explode sometimes.