Tuesday, November 11, 2014

3 Day Refresh - Results and Thoughts



So I started this bad boy on Saturday morning!! Why? Because I've had a few too many treats that have been in the house lately because of Halloween.  I've given in to a few too many snacks and I needed to give myself a little kick in the butt to cleanse my body and get myself back on the straight path!!



I'll give a little rundown on how it works and what I ate/drank each day for anyone who is thinking about trying it out.

  • As soon as I woke up, I drank 8-10 oz of water immediately. This is an important step because it gets your system going.
  • Within an hour of waking, I had breakfast - which consisted of Vegan Chocolate Shakeology mixed with10 oz of water, some ice, a half banana and some cinnamon. 
  • At least one hour after breakfast - I had the option of having morning tea - which is 1 8oz cup of green tea.
  • Mid-morning snack is at least an hour after morning tea.  This consists of the Fiber Sweep which is a digestive health drink.  
  • Lunch is at least an hour after the mid-morning snack. For lunch I had a Vanilla Fresh shake blended with 10 oz water, ice, half banana and some cinnamon.  Yes I love cinnamon.  I also had the option of 1 serving from their vegetable list and 1 serving from the healthy fats list.  I'm a huge fan of raw cauliflower and hummus so that's what I picked for all 3 days for lunch! 
  • Afternoon snack is at least 1 hour after lunch.  I was able to pick 1 serving from the vegetable list and 1 serving from the healthy fat list.  I made steamed summer squash with some extra virgin olive oil and steamed broccoli with some extra virgin coconut oil.
  • At least one hour after the afternoon snack you have the option of having afternoon tea which is 1 cup unsweetened herbal tea - but I usually skipped this.
  • Dinner comes at least 1 hour after afternoon tea.  For dinner I had another Vanilla Fresh shake but with only water, ice and cinnamon as fruit isn't allowed this late in the day.  Then I got to pick something from the dinner list.  I had asparagus topped with some EVOO and sea salt and then other steamed veggies for other options.
  • And finally I had an option evening tea that I could have at least 1 hour after dinner.  This tea must only be an unsweetened herbal tea that is caffeine free.
How did I feel during? I honestly wasn't that hungry. At night when I usually snack or when I watch my husband snack - my mind played tricks on me telling me that I really wanted one, but I stayed strong and kept thinking about how great I'll feel once I get through this and stick to my guns. Day 1 was great and the night was good - only thought about snacks a little bit. 

Day 2 honestly felt easier. I was used to it from Day 1 and I found myself looking forward to the shakes and felt full from them. They recommend that you don't do any vigorous exercise but on Day 1 I did Lower Fix from the 21 Day Fix, on Day 2 I did Pilates Fix, and on Day 3 I did a cardio session at the gym. I didn't feel tired or feel like I lacked energy - which I was most surprised about. Keeping myself busy at night doing work or reading my personal development book really helped me keep my mind off the temptations of night time snacks.

Day 3 - this was pretty easy because I was just so busy that day. This is my one day of the week that my kids are with their grandparents usually so I'm able to knock out a bunch of work all in one day. Mondays are my power days and they are filled to the brim with work so I can accomplish as much as possible when I'm alone.  I didn't feel hungry and I actually had to remind myself that it was time to eat/drink again.  My evening tea and lots of water helped with feeling like I wanted a snack at night.

Morning of Day 4 - Refresh done.  I.FEEL.AMAZING. I totally forgot to take pictures before - maybe because I didn't want to see my belly on screen at that point! :) I lost 5 lbs...that pesky 5 pounds that always sneaks back when I'm not careful enough in the kitchen. My weight immediately goes to my stomach so that's the area I focus on in my result pics. My legs have definitely shrunk too but I am always so much more focused on my core.




The bloat in my belly has gone away completely and my clothes fit great. I feel much leaner and more toned. Even though I work out every day and eat clean with the right portions at least 80% of the time - sometimes I still start to get lazy and sneak in a few too many cheats. And sometimes you just plateau and need a little boost to keep you going! I love that this got me back on track and forced me to be insanely disciplined.  Not only do I feel great, but I feel like I conquered the world by sticking to it for 3 days. It seems like such a small thing - but when you're actually in it and you complete it - you feel so powerful because you just mastered your will power.


Want to try it out?  There is an insane deal through the month of November....contact me through email or facebook and I'll hook you up!