Wednesday, December 31, 2014

What a Year!

I cannot believe that 2014 is coming to a close. I know it's so cliche and we say this all the time, but boy - does time fly. The older we get, the faster it goes. This year was no exception - and it was full of so much change and learning and growth.

At the beginning of the year I was working at Mophie as a financial analyst. I was traveling 40 minutes each way, leaving hours before my family woke up, racing home to get my girls from daycare - only to spend a few hours with them each day. While the company was great to work for - I didn't feel passion for my job...for my career. I really never had. I went to college initially thinking pre-law, but when I decided that I really didn't want to go to law school - I picked accounting as my major instead because I was good at it, someone suggested it, and I knew I could get a good paying job. Safe bet Sally. After years in that career, missing way too much time with my little girls, and feeling the total overwhelm of life - we decided that I would quit and stay home to be with the girls. I never thought I would be a stay at home Mom, but I felt in my heart that this was the absolute best decision for our family at the time. So I quit my job at Mophie and decided to start my own journey as a Beachbody Coach. I loved the fact that I could work from home, on my terms, hours that worked for my family - and it would be my own business! This is something that I've always wanted to do - just didn't know what it would be until it hit me right in the face.


I believe everything happens for a reason. When I contacted someone about joining one of her challenge groups back in May, I was very skeptical. But I took the leap of faith (in myself) and ordered T25 and Shakeology. I told myself I was going to be super dedicated, be active in the challenge group and check in regularly, and focus on clean eating and healthy habits. As I was going through my challenge group - I quickly knew that I wanted to be a coach and help others, the way that my coaches helped me so much. I loved the team atmosphere, I love the support, and I especially love that everyone I met TRULY wanted to see others succeed. It was never about trying to sell people things they don't need. I learned that my passion I felt to help others could be served out in this way. And it has been a wonderfully wild journey these past 6 months!

I never imagined that things could have gone this well for my first 6 months of having my own business, but I truly believe it's because my MAIN focus is on helping others. If people are willing to work with me and let me help them - I'm there for them 100%. There have been so many people that I've crossed paths with that have completely changed their lives and their health for the better. This is what makes it all worth it to me!


I'm so excited to see what 2015 has in store for my coaching business! I have some really fun things planned that I've mentioned on here before. I'm going to Pittsburg for a weekend event with The Dream Team, led by Melanie Mitro - who is the #1 coach in the company and one of my mentors. I'm so excited to celebrate the successes of 2014 with so many awesome coaches that I've been so blessed to get to know this year. Then I have my tickets all set to go to Coach Summit in Nashville in July! I can't even explain the sheer excitement I have over this. Tons of awesome training from top coaches and celebrities, meeting my favorite celebrity trainers and doing live workouts...and just surrounding myself with like minded people who I know will inspire me the entire time I'm there.


So this year has been amazing. I've never been healthier in my life....and I've never been happier. I get to spend so much time with my girls when they are at this precious age. I get to work hard on my own business and be in charge of my own success and destiny. And I get to do what I love to do - I get to help people on a daily basis.  I love the connection I am blessed to have with so many people throughout their journey and I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store.