Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year - New You!

Let's start this off by being brutally honest with ourselves. How many times have you thought about New Year's Resolutions and either (a) choose not to make any because you think they are pointless or you know you won't keep them or (b) you make some big lofty goals like going on a diet and exercising to lose all the weight you've gained over the years? I know I've done both of those over the course of my life. There weren't many resolutions that I stuck to and there were many years when I chose not to make any at all.

Here is the problem with most resolutions. They aren't specific enough and we really don't put that much weight into them because we have nobody to hold us accountable.


For me - I need a very specific goal and a plan to get there or I will see nothing in regards to results. When I decided to start running a few years back - I needed a goal or else I knew I wouldn't do anything. So I signed up for a 5k, worked on a couch to 5k program on my phone, and ran almost every day. Once it became a habit in my life it didn't seem like a chore to run. I felt out of whack when I didn't run!

Then I had to give my friend her treadmill back because her new house was finished and I had to figure out what my next plan was. I had seen great results from running in the form of weight loss, but I was definitely at a plateau. Cardio is great for losing weight or maintaining - but it doesn't do anything to really change your body (sorry running lovers!). So I knew I wanted to try an at-home fitness program where I could work on strength, gaining muscle, and toning my body for real. I chose an at-home program because I knew with our schedules, I wouldn't get to the gym as much as I would like and I wouldn't make it a normal habit in my life. So I chose to start with T25 and joined my first challenge group. LIFE CHANGER guys! When I commit to something, I go in with 110%. I checked in every day, never missed a workout, drank my Shakeology, and stuck to my meal planning. And what happened? Real results! My body changed, my mindset changed - my life changed.

Why am I sharing all of this? Because I want that for as many other people as possible. I want other people to feel what I do right now. I used to be sick all of the time, seriously lacked energy, had a negative mind-set, very low self-esteem....and the list goes on. I want other people to feel the amazing life changes when they invest in themselves and start to make healthy decisions.

But it's scary - I know! People are nervous to commit to something because they've quit so many other things before. They are scared that they won't have the time or won't like eating healthy. That's where I come in and that's the beauty of my accountability and support groups. I help you with all of this. Did you know that you are so much more likely to reach a goal if you tell others about it? Having support is so key here.


I want to be here for you and support you along your journey - because that is a passion in my life! I want to share as much as I've learned and pay it forward. I'm starting a New Year New You accountability group on January 5th where I'll be there as your personal coach helping you with everything from your workouts to clean eating to meal planning to grocery shopping..and so much more.

Choose to start 2015 with a bang and make this your year. Your year to shine!

Message me on facebook or email me for more details.

YOU are WORTH it!