Sunday, December 14, 2014

60 Days of Insanity

The last program that I followed in it's entirety was the 21 Day Fix. I followed the calender, I followed the meal plan, and I worked really hard to follow it exactly. I held myself accountable by being active in my challenge groups and by blogging about my day. I knew that if I had to report my day, I wouldn't cheat. Since then, I did sort of a hybrid program of ChaLEAN Extreme and 21 Day Fix. While I really do like ChaLEAN Extreme, I missed 21 Day Fix so I really liked doing both of them. I also was mostly just picking and choosing what workouts I wanted to do each day. While I still always got a great workout in - I really do think it's best to follow a program as it was laid out by the creator because the calender of workouts was designed for a reason.

Well I'm ready to start Insanity Max:30 tomorrow and I'm going to follow this program exactly as it was laid out by Shaun T. This is a 60 day program and I want to push myself again harder than I've ever done. The area where I need to push myself the most is with my nutrition. The meal plan is similar to the 21 Day Fix meal plan and you use the color coded portion control containers - so I'm happy about that because I know that it works! I'm looking forward to being super strict on my diet again so I can see real results. 80% of it has to do with nutrition people!


In order to hold myself extra accountable, I have my exclusive test group where I'll be doing the program with others who are trying it for the first time. But as an extra bit of accountability, I really want to blog again about my progress with this program. When I know that I'm going to be sharing my journey and results - it really makes me push myself that much harder.

So tomorrow this craziness begins! I've tried a few of the workouts out so far and holy cow - they are no joke. First of all, you see how long you can go before you "max out" and need to take a little break. You write down your time, and then you jump right back in. There is a modifier that you can follow (and boy do I need to do that a lot!). But when I start on Monday I'm going to do all of the regular moves until I max out and then allow myself to use the modifier when I have to after that. I have a feeling I'll be seeing some really short max out times to begin with. But that's ok - it's all about progress and getting stronger!


I want to document weekly stats on my blog so I can see for myself and share the changes that I'm seeing from the program. I'll also be sharing my meal plans that I create for the program too!

Here is my plan for Week 1.  Here goes nothing!!