Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas List of a Fitness Enthusiast


I don't really ask for anything for Christmas because I have more than I need already. There are differences between wants and needs! So I thought I would make a fun Christmas list of the things I would ask Santa for if I were a kid still believing in the magic.

1. Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbells 

Swoon. Since I started coaching, I've seen other coaches using these weights and I'm in love. Then when I was doing the ChaLEAN Extreme program and Chalene was using them, I found myself really wishing I had a set myself. I have a new found love for weight training and it would be so nice to have such a huge variety of weights all in one so that I could use the appropriate weights for each body exercise and be able to up my weights to see more progress.

The awesome thing about these - with just the turn of a dial, you can automatically change your resistance from 5lbs all the way up to 52.5 lbs of weight (yes you can do half lb weights!). No more picking up 30 different dumbbells to give you the results you want. One day I will have these in my home gym! :)

2. About 20 Work Out Tank Like This

I'm not big into spending money on clothes especially when I feel like I have enough already. But these tanks are the bomb.com! I came across www.sorockshop.com and fell in love with these tanks. There is another one I would like that says "I work out as often as I see unicorns. (every day)." That one would be good too, Santa.

3. Garmin Vivosmart Activity Tracker


Look at this little beauty! I've had a Fitbit Flex while now and it's doing the job as an activity tracker, sleep tracker, and alarm clock. But I also use a Polar FT4 for my heart rate monitor during my workouts. So when these items go bad on me, I'm going to be looking for something like this little gem.

The features on this thing are unreal! It is an activity tracker so it counts your steps, active minutes, and calories burned. It is a heart rate monitor as well and has a chest strap included so it would remove the need to put an additional item on during my workouts! It functions as a regular watch which would be nice since I don't have that feature on my Fitbit...and I can't see the actual stats of my day with the Fitbit unless I check the app on my phone. The Vivosmart also lets you monitor calls, texts, meetings, and e-mails using vibrations alerts with a compatible Android or iOS device. Ummm, yes please! If you know me at all - you know that I'm a technology/gadget junkie and this one seems right up my alley!  My friend Rachel just got one so I was able to see it in person and I fell in love!

4. New Pair of Crossfit Training Shoes

I haven't completely decided which kind I'd want to get - but I went to Shaun T for advice since I'm doing his Insanity Max: 30 workout program right now and I wanted to see what he recommended. Surprisingly enough, I found out that he has some of the same problems with his feet that I have. I try to work out with shoes on (running shoes which is really bad to use for Insanity type programs) and I always end up having to take them off because my feet are in excrutiating pain. I learned that Shaun T works out barefoot at home too because it's the most comfortable to him. What do you know!

I learned that you can't really use running shoes for these types of workouts because the cushion can end up causing you possible harm to your ankles and knees. Maybe that's what happened to me right now causing my left knee pain. I think I'll get this shoe thing figured out pretty quickly, with or without Santa!

What are your favorite fitness related items that you'd ask for? Or what are your favorite things that you currently have?