Saturday, January 16, 2016

Tanning Bed Thoughts

This post isn't going to have any cute pictures, because I just want to get my thoughts out.

So I was laying in the tanning bed this afternoon. I know, I know - it's bad for me and I shouldn't do it. Skin cancer and super fast aging.....I get it. I used to be obsessed with tanning. When I went to college at Western, I worked at a tanning salon and got all the free tanning my little heart desired. Over the past few years, I've cut down a TON - especially since there's never really a great time to go when you have kids. And in the last year, I've hardly tanned at all. But I do have a new found love for spray tans. So when I went to get a spray tan before my Pittsburgh trip, I could have either spent $42 for a spray tan or $40 for a new monthly membership that included a free tan. That was kind of a no brainer. So since I have a month, I might as well use it like once a week.

But anywho - I was laying in the tanning bed and I just so badly wanted to take a 12 minute nap. But per usual, my mind was racing about things. Ideas. Goals. How I can do things differently. How I can share in a better way. How I can reach more people. How I can help more people.

Then I started thinking about how much I want to share this coaching opportunity with as many people as possible because I know how it's changed my life. I know what has been possible for me in just a year and a half. And I want others to be able to feel like I do.

But I know that it's super scary for someone to even contemplate.

--> I don't want to be a salesperson.
--> I am too shy or I'm an introvert and just don't think I could put myself out there.
--> I am just too busy
--> I don't know enough people - I wouldn't be able to get anyone to sign up with me as their coach.

But seriously - every single coach, even the super successful top coaches had these same objections when they were first introduced to this coaching thing.

But you know what - they put the fears aside and they said why not. And so did I.

And what you learn is....you are the furthest thing from a salesperson. If I ever came across as "salesy" - I would want everyone and everyone to tell me that moment. Because I think that is icky and gross. I don't view this as selling fitness programs and Shakeology to make money and get rich.  I look at this as sharing what has worked for me and the several hundred of clients of mine who have completely changed their lives. I share myself in hopes that I can inspire other people. I know how scary it is to make changes in their lives and I just want to help them through that.

Most people might not think I'm shy or that there is no way I'm an introvert - but that is so not true. While I wouldn't consider myself "shy" in most situations...I am most certainly an introvert. Small talk makes me insides hurt. I get social anxiety. I feel happiest when I'm home and in my own environment and it exhausts me if we have too many social plans (which basically never happens, so that's awesome.

If I'm busy being social for too long - I seriously need to get home and be alone to recharge. Some people gain energy by being around a lot of people and socializing. I gain energy by being home and recharging my batteries.

But just because I might not be this huge social butterfly - and I'm not an insanely outgoing person....that doesn't matter. Because I do put myself out of my comfort zone and share my life and my journey because being a little uncomfortable is worth it to me if I can help just ONE person out there. I started this coaching journey with the hopes that I could help at least one other person. And I keep that mentality. I just want to keep helping ONE more and then ONE more.

Being busy. Ok guys - I'm pretty sure 99% of us can say "oh, I'm just so busy". Who isn't busy? Some of us are stay at home moms who are busy with our little kids all day. Some of us are working moms who have full time jobs and then come home and take care of the family. But when you want something bad enough, you find that time to do the things that matter to you. When my kids go to bed, I get my computer out and I get to work. Because I want this. Because I feel I was called to do this to help as many people as possible.

I had the same fear about not knowing enough people when I first started. I don't have this huge social network. I'm not an incredible social person with a big group of friends I hang out with. But I didn't let that deter me. I figured, I would just start where I was and grow as I went! The most successful coach in our entire business started her journey and she had 100 friends total on facebook. Now she is the #1 coach in the network for TWO years in a row.

But ok - so here is the thing. I am hosting my first ever LIVE Backstage Pass Into Coaching. It's Wednesday January 20th at 8:30. I have an event on Facebook. You can click here and join it.

You can be a fly on the way. Watch and learn. Or you can be interactive and ask any questions LIVE while we are there. After the event and the learning parts - we are going to do a live video call for anyone who wants to hop on and just chat and ask ANY questions you have. This is going to be laid back. I'm going to be sitting here with a glass of wine just chilling with all of you ladies.

Here is the link to the event - click and join! I hope to see you all there so I can share more of my journey with you and you can hear from other amazing women on my team!

I have a welcome video on there already - so at least go check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/events/926678360748144/