Friday, January 1, 2016

A Year in Review

To say that 2015 passed by fast would be an understatement. We are always told that life keeps moving faster and faster the older you get, but I didn't think it could ever go this fast. Especially when you have kids. I swear they grow right before your eyes from one day to the next.

This year has been amazing and I just wanted to take some time to reflect on everything that's happened before I really gear up for what is to come in the New Year!! This was my first full year being a work at home Mommy and to say that it is a blessing doesn't even do it justice. Is it hard sometimes? Absolutely - what important things aren't hard? But being able to spend this quality time with my girls when they are so little is priceless to me. And to be able to build a successful business from home while doing that is the best of both worlds. Having my cake and eating it too. (using a yellow container of course).

--> Starting the year, I had been a coach for 6 months and in January was able to go to Pittsburg for a huge weekend. Super Friday event with our top coach Melanie Mitro, our CEO Carl Daikeler, and my fave trainer, Autumn Calabrese. This was my first time meeting Autumn and I was a little starstruck, I'm not going to lie. :)



The rest of the weekend included an awesome training from top leaders on the Dream Team and then a super fun party Saturday night that Melanie through to celebrate her being the top coach of 2014. It was so fun meeting so many of the people that I work with and follow online. I'm going back this January and I just might be speaking at the big Dream Team training this year!!! So excited to bring some of my team with me again too!

You see when I started this business of mine - I did it for fun. Something that could be mine. A vehicle for me to work on something that I'm passionate about all while being able to help other people. Never in my wildest dreams did I start with the vision that I could actually build a successful business, a great team of coaches, and be on my way to creating something truly amazing.

--> I finally had surgery on my torn meniscus and being out of commission for a little bit really taught me a lot. A lot of patience, and it made me realize how important rest is. I will forever listen to my body so much better since all of that happened. Not that I could have done anything about the meniscus - the surgeon said sometimes they are going to tear no matter what. But I went too long trying to ignore it because I just didn't want to believe something was really wrong. I definitely paid for it - but I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Now I'm feeling better than ever and back to my old self being able to work out pain free.

--> Jenna started 4th grade and Stella started 4 year old preschool and goes 3 days a week now. They both love school. Stella did her first ballet/tap class at the Y and it was so fun to watch her dance her little heart out. She wasn't super fond of the ballet - I think it might have been a little to slow for her. Jenna has been involved in tons. Piano, lots of swimming, soccer, and even just got a part in a play at her school. Vera Jane's birthday was a few months after the school cut off date, so she's still kickin it at home with Mommy all the time. She just turned 3 but she's going on 6. And she looks like it too. Her and Stella can wear the same shoes and she's already wearing 4T clothing.

--> In June Chad moved his business to a new location - so that was exciting and pretty time consuming. I'm so proud of him and how hard he works. So much of the time I don't know how he does it all because it just seems like so much to me. But he is one of the most patient and level headed people you'll ever meet. His employees are super blessed to have a boss like him.



--> In July I attended my first ever Coach Summit in Nashville TN! It was such a great experience and I can't wait to go back there in 2016. The training provided was phenomenal and all of the gatherings and parties weren't too shabby either. I got to meet TONS of our celebrity trainers and got to talk with Autumn 3 more times!! The company really does reward you for your hard work. I was also super excited (and nervous) because I was able to walk across the stage at our huge event for being a 1 Star Diamond. Even if it was hotter than scolding lava outside, it was an unforgettable experience!

Star Diamond Party

Laura and I heading off to the Success Club Party

Ok so I was a little excited about the "Star Diamond" part :)
Desire to Inspire Teams

-->I had some struggles dealing with some major anxiety that crept it's way back into my brain. This is something I've struggled with ALL of my life. Once I changed my lifestyle and really focused on being healthy, things got SO much better. For once in my life, I finally found something that helped me. And even though it definitely still does - the anxiety crept back in and it was overwhelming me so I sought out help and over 2 months after doing that, I feel like ME again. Positive, level......you know...just better.

It's not easy to share those struggles because there is a part of it that makes me feel like a failure...like I should just be able to get my shit together on my own and cut it out. But I know that's not the truth and that sometimes we just need a little bit of help. And if there's one important thing I've learned over the past few years....there is NOTHING wrong with asking for help. We all just need a little help sometimes, don't we?

-->In October our family had such a HUGE blessing. We were able to go on a Disney Cruise!! The girls had the time of their lives and we are so super thankful to Chad's parents for taking us on an unforgettable trip. Lots of swimming, tons of character hugs and autographs, plays and musicals, incredible food, great weather....just SO fun. Jenna got her entire head braided and kept them in until after Thanksgiving!!



And now all of the holidays have come and gone and 2016 is HERE.

I've started goal setting and dreaming and I am going to MAKE this next year the best year of my life. Why? Because I have the power to. So do you!! Our lives are as good as we make it. Nobody is responsible for our happiness. Crap will happen, it does to everyone. It's how we respond and react. It's how we learn and grow that determines what happens from there.

I'm working on my Dream Board for 2016 and will share that here when I'm done. If you don't put tangible goals down - you'll never reach them!! One of my big goals is to jump out of my comfort zone and speak at Super Saturday events and trainings and team calls. I'm going for it right away and speaking at our Big Dream Team training in Pittsburgh this coming Saturday. Wish me luck!!