Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Currently I'm....

I saw a fellow blogger post one of these and I thought it would be fun!

Currently I'm....

Reading: Jab Jab Jab, Right Hook.
I commit to reading a little personal development of some sort every day because I think there are so many brilliant people out there who have shared their insights, successes, and failures and we can learn so much from each other. I'll do a post soon about all of my favorites so far. This one I'm reading currently is SO helpful. It's all about how to tell your story in a noisy social media world. Great content! I'm also super pumped because the author of this book is going to be at our Coach Summit in Nashville this year speaking to us.

Listening to: my girls play pretend. They are packing their bags and asking me where "Picksburgh" is. We pretend that each room is a different place. Sometimes my bedroom is Costco or the grocery store. They will head down to the basement with their suitcases and tell me they are going to Nashville. I love it when they use their imaginations. Can it stay like this forever? I don't want technology to take them over when they are older!

Thinking: that it would be so wonderful to look outside and see sunshine instead of gray and tons of snow. I know that it's all part of living in Michigan, but that doesn't mean I have to like winter. I just don't like it. If I was an avid ski or snowboarder, maybe it would be different. But I'm just a girl trying to drive through snow - praying I don't hit a patch of ice. Winter is a hard month because seasonal depression can be hard sometimes. I know tanning isn't good for you - but I'm kind of glad I have a membership this month so at least 1 time a week I can go shine my face in some bright light and pretend like I'm on a beach. Maybe when the girls graduate high school we can move to a warmer state. Or maybe we will just buy an RV and travel the country. I guess I better keep working hard on my big goals :)

Looking forward to: oh my word. You know how you always try to plan something to look forward to (especially in the winter) because it's just SO nice to have that countdown? I'm excited about so many things. In February, Chad and I are going to Florida for a long weekend to go stay with friends. I cannot wait! Then in March we are headed on an all-expenses paid cruise to Jamaica and Haiti. I won the trip through Beachbody...all for helping other people on their health journey. Pretty amazing, right? Bring on the bikini and frozen cocktails. :) Then in June we are heading on another cruise (the same exact boat oddly enough) with our whole family this time though! In July I'll be headed to Nashville for our annual Coach Summit and then in September I'll be headed back to Florida for a diamond retreat weekend held by my coach to reward us for all of our hard work. So I guess this year is the year of vacations and travel and I'm completely ok with that.

--> and as I go to finish this post, I just got done registered for a trip in April 2017 to Punta Cana that will be an all expenses paid trip to an amazing all inclusive resort. Seriously - I really don't know why everyone doesn't do this for a career. It's for real and it's amazing.



Drinking: coffee. because it's the morning. And I'm a Mom. Any other explanation? I do drink it black so that's a good thing. If I was a creamer lover, I would be in serious trouble.

Daydreaming about: the amazing spa treatment I'm going to buy for Chad and I on our cruise in March with the $$$ I earned for the trip. Massage and facial? I think yes.

Wanting: a personal chef. If I were a celebrity, this is the first thing I would take care of. I'd find the best chef in all the land and never have to worry about cooking or meal prep again.Oh and maybe do some deep cleaning of my house. Floorboards, bathrooms, windows - you hear me?

Feeling: regretful to signing the girls up for this swim class at the Y. Not impressed so far - but hoping it's just a fluke. Better head out though - class starts soon (if the teacher decides to show up on time today).

--> update: the instructor was not late. she didn't even show up. not cool Y. Thankfully the Director was there to teach the lesson since I called him after the last lesson. Thinking I'll just be going back to the swim nazi for lessons this summer for the girls. She was amazing! Stella was jumping in the deep end and swimming across the pool by the SECOND day!

Confused about: why we live here in the winter. sorry, I'm beating the whole winter thing like a dead horse. I'll stop complaining now.