Friday, May 22, 2015

Ultimate Reset - Days 3-5

I'm not quite sure how often I'll post to update my progress through the Ultimate Reset but I figured now was a good time. So my last post talked about day 1 being really hard because of the caffeine withdrawal and the detox feeling. But I'm happy to report that it's the ONLY day where I felt like that.

While I do miss the taste of coffee - I already feel like I'm doing fine without it and I feel awake in the morning and not dragging booty. I'm actually really surprised at how amazing I'm feeling already. It's interesting to see which foods make me feel bloated and it teaches me NOT to eat those foods. For example - the lentils from Day 4. That will not happen again because it didn't make my stomach feel great the rest of the night.

I'm actually going to weigh and document each morning just for analytics to see how my body is responding to everything. I fully understand that there are so many factors that can change weight from day to day - but I thought it would be fun to journal it all throughout the process. I'm down 6 pounds since my first weigh in on day 1....which was 5 days ago. Like my previous post said - I had a lot of bloat and extra weight to get off from the prior few weeks, so I'm really not that surprised at all. It's amazing how fast your body can react when you feed it with ONLY the good stuff and don't snack at night. And the effect that it has on me emotionally and mentally when I'm eating this good is crazy. This is exactly what I needed to get my mind right again. I'm so excited to see how the rest of the 16 days go!

Tonight (Friday) is the first time that I kind of wish I could have a glass of wine. As much as I want it - I'm not going to cave because I'm following this through to the end. I feel too good to mess it up.


Day 3 I went to the gym and did a light workout on the elliptical. Day 4 I did a little special challenge that I posted in my challenge groups but it wasn't super intense and was super short..but something nice to get me moving a little bit. Day 5 I did a little elliptical and a little treadmill...super slow. Because I'm supposed to and because my stupid knee hurts when I walk.


Ok let's talk food. First of all - yes I know that all 3 dinners were the same, but it worked for the veggies stocked in my fridge and it made it easier for me :) You gotta do what works for you, right? And it's all approved in phase one so it's good!

Day 3:

Breakfast: 1 piece of whole wheat toast, 2 farm fresh eggs scrambled with 1 tsp EVOO plus steamed spinach.
Lunch: quinoa salad and baked sweet potato
Snack: vegan chocolate shakeology and frozen strawberries
Dinner: quinoa, veggie stir fry, and tomato and cucumber salad

Day 4:


Breakfast: fruit plate with strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and kiwi
Lunch: tempeh rolls (they tasted good but trying to roll it was an epic fail) and lentil-lime salad
Snack: vegan chocolate shakeology and frozen strawberries
Dinner: quinoa and veggie stir fry.

Day 5:
Breakfast: oatmeal, green apple, walnuts, and maple syrup
Lunch: quinoa salad and raw veggies w/ hummus
Snack: vegan chocolate shakeo and frozen strawberries
Dinner: veggie stir fry