Sunday, May 17, 2015

My New Journey

Tomorrow marks the start of my brand new journey. One that I'm super excited about but also super nervous about. If you've been following me and my journey for the past few months, you would know that I've kind of been on the struggle bus. It's a mix of factors but it's really gotten out of control and I just need a change.

I'll back up a little bit. Ever since I first injured my knee in December - things have been kind of up and down with me. I've ALWAYS been super consistent with my workouts because I just love doing it, but my nutrition has been kind of like a roller coaster ride over the past few months. I've talked about it before - but I'm a very emotional eater and I will do great all day - but then once I let my guard down it's like everything can go out the window. And I'll be the first to tell my challengers and myself this - your nutrition is at least 70% of your results. You can workout all you want, but if you're not on point in the kitchen, things just aren't going to happen (or they are going to go in the wrong direction!)

I think maybe some of it for me is that I feel like as a coach I'm always on display. If I don't do things right, then how can I expect my challengers and followers to do things right? That's not the correct thinking, I know that - but I certainly play mind games with myself and then I can drive myself a little crazy causing me to have some failures.

Well I am fully in control of my decisions and if I want things to change, then I need to change something. So that's exactly what I'm going to do. I just need a reset button.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enter the Ultimate Reset. Tomorrow I will start my journey with Beachbody's Ultimate Reset Program and I am SO excited to try it out and to blog about that journey with all of you. Click here to read more about what the program is. I've heard such amazing things about the program and I have complete faith in the creator of it. I'm really wanting to move to a more Paleo type eating and this is going to definitely get me started there. I'll write more about that and my reasons for that later but for now I just wanted to share the start of my journey.



Sooo...this morning I weighed myself and took my measurements. I can tell I'm retaining water so I know that could be some of it but I honestly was taken aback at what I saw. I have been gaining weight lately because I haven't been making great choices as far as snacks go. (reminder: you can eat great, healthy, clean meals all day - but if you choose snacks at night that are not good...and you over indulge - you are not doing yourself any favors).

I'm not going to share my before stuff right now...I'm going to wait until after the 21 days is over to reveal all of that. Partly because I want everyone to see it side-by-side...and partly because I don't even know if I could bare to share those details today.

What do I feel my biggest struggles are going to be doing this?

1. No strenuous workouts. I can do light walking but they really encourage you NOT to do any hardcore workouts. This cleanse is doing such a workout on the inside that they really don't think it's a great idea to create more stress on the body. This will be hard for me because I love working out. So I'm definitely going to listen to my body and do light cardio and maybe some yoga (blah!) :)

2. Um. No snacks? I can have one option afternoon snack and that will be when I have my Shakeology - but I think after dinner will be the toughest for me. I have heard that you sleep like a baby while you're doing this so I am going to try really hard to go to bed early and work on getting more sleep.

3. No coffee. Say what? Yes - no E&E either. I think this might be tougher than not being able to work out! I love my black coffee in the morning! I don't even think the caffiene does anything to me anymore - I just love the activity and the hot brew going down!

BUT - I invested in this program and I am investing in myself. I'm committing myself 100% to this program and to making myself FEEL great again. To be honest - I don't care much about what that scale says because it can be a dirty liar. But I do care about how I feel and I dont feel great right now. I know that it's possible when I take great care of myself and that's exactly why I'm doing this. I also think the nice, long rest for my knee will be very smart and beneficial. I am still waiting to hear back from my x-ray results - but I'm hoping to get some answers soon, no matter what it means!

Like I said - I look forward to sharing my journey with you over the next 21 days. I want to share what I'm eating, how I'm feeling and the changes that are happening so I can give my personal opinion on this program for you all.

Grocery shopping for the next few days recipes is going down today!