Friday, May 8, 2015

What I Really Want For Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a few days away and my kids have asked me "Mommy, what would you like?"

Well honestly, I really don't want anything because I have everything that I need. What I would like is just a day that is a little more restful than normal. I'm sure my husband will make sure that happens because he's pretty much the bomb.com in the husband/daddy department.

But it really got me thinking to what Moms really want.

:::To feel appreciated
:::To feel loved
:::Sometimes they just want to be pampered
:::To feel like their best selves.

I want to focus on the last one. As a Mom, our main focus 120% of the time is taking care of everyone else. So much of the time we let our own needs and our own health fall by the wayside because we feel like we just don't have the time or energy to put any focus on ourselves. That would be so selfish right? We have a family to take care of.

Time to take that mindset and throw it right in the trash.

I used to feel this way too. I used to feel guilty for doing anything for myself. For taking any time that was for ME. But I've learned so much along my journey and the most important thing I've learned is that taking care of myself IS taking care of my family. In the biggest way possible.

When I chose to invest in my first challenge pack that included a workout program and Shakeology - I felt guilty about the money that it cost. Now it seems SO silly. Why didn't I ever feel guilty about all the money I was spending for doctor visits and medicine because I was sick and felt like crap all the time? Or the time that it took to be sick and go to the doctor? Because that's what we are taught is acceptable and just a way of life. Well that's wrong. Dead wrong. We don't have to feel that way. We don't have to be sick all the time.


It comes down to how we take care of our bodies. What we decide to put in our bodies (nutrition) and how we treat our bodies with activity (fitness) - these things matter. When we start to change these two things - EVERYTHING changes. I am living proof!

I'm not here to just sell you some DVDs and a shake. I'm here to share my story because even though my story isn't this huge physical transformation where I lost 100 lbs....my story is a huge transformation story of so much more. I went from being someone who was out of shape, lacked all energy, had headaches all of the time, got sick waaaaay too often, had no self confidence, and just felt like garbage. I treated my body like garbage and I wondered why I felt so terrible. And I wasn't on track to show my children, by example, how to truly lead a healthy lifestyle.

I want to share this because I want other Moms to really believe that investing in yourself is important. It's not selfish. It's anything but selfish. When I first got my workout program and my Shakeology - I did think it was just some DVDS and a shake - but it ended up being SO much more. I joined an online health and fitness accountability group and I stuck with it. And those DVDs and shake and the community of people I surrounded myself with CHANGED MY LIFE.


Maybe this Mother's Day you decide to finally make the first step you've been thinking about for so long. I would love to help you get started and be there for you along your journey. My passion in life is helping people get healthy and to find the joy in life again that comes with feeling amazing.

I have a new online accountability group starting May 18th. What is this group about? Click here to read more. I would love to have you join! I have 5 spots left until the group is filled and I'm also offering a special Mother's Day incentive so make sure to ask about that!

Feel free to email me at krystajmeyer@gmail.com or message me on facebook!