Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Ultimate Reset - Days 1 & 2

I promised to be blogging throughout my Ultimate Reset journey, so here is my first one.

If you didn't read my post about what I'm doing - go here first ----->>> first post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1

Let's just start off by saying that most of the day I felt horrible. Why? Well I usually consume a crap ton of caffiene in the morning.....way too much but I just love my hot, black coffee in the morning. My morning routine is usually to wake up super early, drink my E&E (Beachbody's Energy & Endurance formula - preworkout drink), wait 15-30 minutes and then work out. After that I pour my first cup of coffee and then have like 6 cups. Yikes - that is a lot of caffiene!

So I was dragging serious butt all morning. I was having MAJOR withdrawals from no coffee and I felt like garbage. I was super thankful that my girls were with their Papa and Nana because I hadn't felt that tired or yucky in a LONG time. By about 3:00 pm I was feeling much better and felt a ton better the rest of the night though. I thought I would go to bed early but ended up staying awake until l1pm.

So I definitely knew that the first few days I might feel bad because of the withdrawals and from the detox getting the junk out of my system (animal crackers, cheezits, trail mix) - that I was sneaking in a little too much! Coaches definitely have their times too where they just go through a funk. I was definitely going through one these last few weeks. So this couldn't have come at a better time for me.

Ok - let's talk food now. I was super nervous that I would be cravings things, just because it's a mind game and knowing I could only have certain things - I thought I would struggle a lot more than I did. But I actually felt full and satisfied all day. I'm super thankful that I can have my Shakeology as an afternoon snack because that's usually when I get hungry and want snacks.

You also take supplements throughout the day and they are fine so far. There is one that is green and is a little funky to drink but it's only once a day :) I do have to say that by the end of the day I can't even tell you how much better my stomach already felt.

Breakfast:
Coconut Quinoa: quinoa, canned coconut milk, pure maple syrup, fresh pineapple chunks, chopped raw walnuts
Lunch: 
Micogreen Salad w/ Avocado: baby salad greens, carrot, cucumber, red bell pepper, tomato, fresh cilantro, avocado

Afternoon Snack:

Vegan chocolate Shakeology w/ frozen strawberries
Dinner:

Baked salmon, asparagus, and boiled baby potatoes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2

I woke up today feeling much better. I imagined I would feel very sluggish in the morning because my body would want coffee, but surprisingly I felt fine. I didn't have any headache today and I had pretty normal energy. I woke up feeling like so much of my bloat from guilty pleasures over the past few weeks had gone away. I didn't know it was possible in just one day, so I had to weigh myself. I had dropped 3 pounds of bloat in a day. No joke folks. Now let me go back a little bit here because I believe in complete transparancy. I have mentioned that I've been in a funk lately - well that means that over the past several weeks I have just been gaining weight. My weight can fluctuate SO much and so fast. If I eat things that my body isn't used to, it basically freaks out and holds on to it all. So I'm the heaviest I've been since before I even started my Beachbody journey. I know quite a bit of those gains has to do with muscle because I have been working out almost every day for the past year, but I also know that the things I've allowed myself to eat have been attacking my body and my progress.

Like I said - YES I struggle too. I go through low points and I gain weight and fall off track. I'm human and I struggle. One thing I WILL NOT do, is give up. When I feel myself slip, I recognize it and put a plan in place to get myself feeling better. When I start to let my nutrition go a little bit in the way of naughty snacks and a few too many treats - I FEEL it. I feel the lack of energy coming back. I feel the bloat and the stomach cramping. These were all the reasons I started my journey in the first place and I refuse to go back there. So here I am - recommitting!

Anywho - so today I honestly did feel great. The food was great again too and I'm feeling full and so surprised that I don't have any cravings. I did want to snatch some of the girls fresh fruit at lunch, but it wasn't on my plan so I didn't!

On to the food! So I follow the recipes given as closely as I can. But if I don't like something like olives, I'm just going to leave it out :) They also have vegan options which I usually go for since I try to stay away from dairy.

Feeling SO good about this journey and can't wait to see what the next 19 days do for my body and my energy!

Breakfast: 
Oatmeal Tropical: old fashioned rolled oats, mango, unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped raw walnuts
Lunch:

Baked Sweet Potato & Greek Salad (romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, homemade dressing & pine nuts
Snack:

Vegan chocolate Shakeology and frozen strawberries - YUM
Dinner: 

Southwestern Veggie Taco: avocado, salsa, black beans & rice, corn, tortilla