Monday, August 4, 2014

My Favorite Things: Fitbit Flex


If you haven't heard of this before - this is the Fitbit Flex and let's just say I am a huge fan!  This will be a quick and to the point post just to let you know what it does and why I love it.

What is it? It is an activity monitor that tracks steps, distance, and calories burned (based on your personal info you put in).  At night, it tracks your sleep quality and wakes you up with silent vibrations in the morning. You set personal daily goals with one goal being the main one.  There are five lights that light up on the face of it.  When you double tab the band, you'll see where you are at in your progress for the day.  If 2 lights are showing, I'm 40% of the way to my goal.  I have it set up to my step goal - so I can kind of track how active I'm being for that day.  Since I use a heart rate monitor for my workouts, I don't usually pay a ton of attention to the calories burned info the flex gives me.

How much is it? On the company website it is $99.95 and I believe it's that same price in most stores too.  I know the Costco by us sells it for $94.95, so that is the cheapest I've seen it (unless it's on sale somewhere).

Why do I love it?  I love that I can easily change my goals to see how much harder I can push myself.  I really enjoy being able to do a simple tap to see how many steps I've taken.  While steps aren't the tell-all of activity, it certainly is a good indicator that you haven't been just sitting down all day.  I LOVE the silent alarm in the morning.  Something about being woken up with silent vibrations just feels so much less abrupt than a loud alarm in my ear.  It's also pretty cool to track your sleep quality.  Your information syncs right up to you computer and/or smart phone so you can easily just see all of your data whenever you want throughout the day.  What I love most about it is that it syncs up to my loseit app so I can have the two talk to eachother!

As you can see, I never take it off - not even for weddings :)