Monday, October 10, 2016

Two Weeks Down

Two weeks ago I started the Ultimate Reset program.  I have done this program once before in June of 2015 when I was dealing with a torn meniscus in my knee so it was really helpful that I knew what to expect. You can click on the link above to read more about the Ultimate Reset and why I'm doing it - but I just wanted to give a little update and share how I'm feeling so far and my thoughts and feedback.

So today was day 15 and I will say that Week 3 was my favorite last time and it's proving to be my favorite this time too.

Week one is the hardest in my opinion because drastically you're cutting a lot out. Any treats or snacks that I was sneaking in here for there (which I needed to STOP), any alcohol, any caffeine (HELLO, COFFEE?), and then you quickly throw out any meat as well.

So the first few days, you're pretty much detoxing and wishing you could have coffee. You're a little tired and your body is going through a lot.

I got through the first week and followed my plan completely. You are not supposed to work out hard core at all throughout these three weeks and they recommend only yoga or light cardio.

I tried yoga a few times, but then really just wanted to do my elliptical. So I stuck with what I wanted to do. I didn't work out every day though. When I felt my body needed rest, I didn't do anything. Just listened to my body.

The second week I had a little monkey wrench thrown into my plans. I developed a cough that was keeping me up at night so I wasn't sleeping well. So not only was I tired from the work my body was going through internally from the reset, but I also was just plain TIRED. So very few workouts happened in week 2. My food was all on plan besides one day I skipped lunch.

The food is actually really good and filling on the Ultimate Reset. Last year when I did it - I made most of the recipes it gives you for each day. This time around I'm following more of the "Reset in a Crunch" - where they give you a few different options to choose from each day. This way is just SOOO much easier because I can keep the same groceries and not have to spend so much time in the kitchen and preparing.


So the first week is Phase 1, the second is Phase 2, and the third is Phase 3. This chart explains what is happening in each phase.

Right now I'm having 3 cups of fruit in the morning. For lunch I'm having this HUGE, ginormous microgreen salad with tons of veggies and toasted pumpkin seeds and sometimes either avocado or a sweet potato.

Here is another image that explains it well!



Dinner I have some sort of mix of sauteed veggies and either miso soup or 1/2 sweet potato. I pretty much just keep my fridge stocked with tons of veggies I love and use them up however I feel like it that day :)

Today was great - but I wasn't even thinking and I grabbed a handful of the girls (non-buttered) popcorn when they were eating snack and we were snuggling. So I guess that is a cheat, but it was only one handful :)

I didn't do this Ultimate Reset to lose weight - but that has definitely happened and it's pretty drastic so far. I can't wait to post my results after this last week!!

So if I didn't do this for weight - what is the biggest reason I did it?

Because doing things like this are really good for my brain and my mindset. Yes I already eat clean and healthy - but I also let those snacks sneak in at night. I also love wine and chocolate like any other normal woman! :) Sometimes I just need a few strict weeks to reset the way my brain works and work on my cravings. It's good for me so I choose to do it every now and again.

And I'm SO happy. It has NOT been easy at all. It's a lot of work and preparation and WILLPOWER to say no to stuff all of the time. Like my husband decided to buy these amazing looking dark chocolate pieces with pistachios. A giant bag of it. It looks amazing and I just want to dig into the bag!!

But only 6 more days. Chad and I have a date night this weekend so I'm really going to want a wine, but I will hold strong. We can choose our hard - choosing to eat healthy and not have a drink should NOT be considered hard. There are a lot harder things in this world <3

Anywho - that's my update so far!

I will update next week after I'm done with the whole program and will give my final results and my overall feedback of the program. The good and the bad and why I would or wouldn't recommend it to others. :)


If you'd like to learn more about how this works, what you eat when you're doing this or anything - feel free to email me or message me on Facebook anytime! I would love to chat with you more about it.

To see my results from the Ultimate Reset I did in June 2015 - click here --> RESULTS!