Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Supplementation


I want to talk a little bit about why I believe in supplementation and why I chose what works for me. You might not agree, and that's fine - but here is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :)

I have had so many people tell me "I prefer to eat food rather than drink a supplement shake." I get it - on the surface that makes sense. Of course I enjoy eating food too, very much so.
But unfortunately, things have just changed with our food and the way we get it. Nutrient-rich soil is becoming increasingly rare. Aggressive farming techniques have brought many of the earth's minerals to the surface where they have been washed away. Minerals are being depleted because of fertilization being applied to farms and fields.
These minerals are essential to what makes up a healthy body. The processes in your body that make it healthy can only function correctly if the proper balance of minerals are being supplied.
Studies have shown that 90% of Americans suffer from mineral imbalance and deficiency. And the sad thing is - even organic farms can have nutrient dense soil. Which means that even if you eat all organic - you still are probably deficient and in need of a supplement.
Another problem - fruits and veggies start to lose nutrients as soon as they are picked. Think about the time it takes to get the food from the farm, to the packaging, to the grocery store (who knows how many days that takes)...which means we really have no idea how many nutrients might be left!! This is why it's so important that you buy local and in season fruits and veggies.
Since I know my body was lacking all of the proper nutrients - I chose to drink Shakeology. I didn't start drinking this to lose weight. That's not the point of Shakeology - it is just an awesome by-product of feeding your body properly (if you have weight to lose).
Shakeology’s proprietary blend of digestive enzymes, prebiotics, and probiotics helps your body eliminate toxins that have built up in your digestive system over the years due to eating highly processed foods, fast food, and junk food.
A healthy digestive system makes it easier to absorb the nutrients you need for optimal health.
Gut health is critical to overall health, and that an unhealthy gut contributes to a wide range of diseases including diabetes, obesity, rheumatoid arthritis, autism spectrum disorder, depression and chronic fatigue syndrome.
While your body is cleansing itself from the inside out, Shakeology’s 100% whole-food ingredients deliver the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body needs to function at an optimal level.
What else is awesome about the ingredients? It is vegan, Non GMO, and gluten free. The ingredients are literally collected from around the world with the highest quality control team monitoring the supply and making adjustments to the formula if needed.
I love that I can get a quick meal in as a busy Mom - knowing that I am filling all of the nutritional gaps that my body has. Doing this for your body is the best defense against illness. I'd prefer to invest now so I don't have to pay later with medical bills, prescription meds and a poor quality of life.
And is it an investment? Yes...but so are the rest of my groceries. I find that most people can actually save money by drinking Shakeology because they aren't spending their money going through the fast food lane, filling their bodies with pure crap that does nothing for your body (except harm). People aren't needing to go to Starbucks for their sugar filled pick me up drinks (only to crash later).
Why write all of this? Because I am so passionate about taking care of our bodies and making sure we take our health SERIOUSLY. Being proactive is key. Our culture has everything completely backwards. Doctors treat symptoms but are hardly ever getting to the root cause of problems and diseases. And the hard truth it (or simple actually)....it all starts with food. It all starts with what you choose to put in your body.
So please educate yourself. If not just for you - but for your kiddos. It's important and we need a big change in our society for the health of our families.

xoxo,
Krysta Joelle