Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Ultimate Reset 2.0

I finished my 21 day journey with the Ultimate Reset this past Sunday and I have been meaning to blog about my results and what I learned and this week has just been nutso. Today was my "work" day as I had a few hours kid-free. Then our car accident happened and the day got away from me. Time flies by so fast when you are working hard to get stuff done without little minions around :)

I also got a hydrafacial and let's be honest - that was worth it! They are my favorite and if you've never tried one - you really should!

But back to my Ultimate Reset.

I'm going to make this post simple and to the point. Because I'm tired, my brain is fried and I really want a glass of wine :)

First off - let's back up. What is the Ultimate Reset and why did I want to do it again? Click HERE to read more about that.

You might ask me "but you already eat clean and live a very healthy lifestyle. why do you need to do this?"

Because I believe in balance and living life with the 80/20 rule. 80% clean and 20% balance (aka - chocolate and wine!)

But after time - and vacations and getting a little too lax, I start to feel a little sluggish. There are still toxins in our environment that I cannot always control.

And most of it - for me it comes down to my MINDSET. Sometimes I need a swift kick in the arse to get my brain back on track. To not binge on the snack food when I let myself have it. To not have wine too much. Just to get myself right again. It's not about losing weight or having a six pack. It's about feeling healthy - mind, body and spirit! And since I've already done the Ultimate Reset once - I knew it would help me accomplish that. So I went for it again!

What did I learn this time? What was reinforced?

A few things.

1. I am so much stronger than I give myself credit for. Some people tell me "you have amazing willpower - I wish I could do that". Trust me - it's NOT easy for me. I have to mindfully work at it every hour of every day. It all comes down to choices. Do you want something to change? Then you simply MUST work at it and change what you are doing! If you don't want to or think you "can't" change behaviors in your life - then you truly are not ready for change or you do not want it bad enough.

2. Not eating after dinner is so key for me to feeling great. My body has proper time to digest all of my food and I wake up feeling so clear, I have less anxiety, and my body feels so light and healthy. It's hard to even describe how amazing you feel after doing this.

3. I stopped taking my anxiety medication. I debated whether I was going to share this or not. But I decided, what the hell. I'm about being real, so here it is. Do I think this is the right answer for everyone? NO. We are all different and just because I'm doing something, doesn't mean its the right path for someone else or that I think they should do it too. I think we should do what works best for US and not worry about what anyone else is doing.  But I wanted to stop taking the meds and really put in the effort to work through my anxiety with different techniques and promised myself I was going to be serious about this effort. My food has so much to do with my anxiety. Food affects us you guys. Bad things in our foods - certain foods - they affect me psychologically and emotionally. I did a LOT of self-reflection over the last 3 weeks. LOTS. A. LOT. I've done a lot of reading, and praying, and journaling. I have had the least amount of anxiety over the past 3 weeks than I have in over a year.

4. I love veggies. I'll remind you....this is coming from a girl who only like 3 years ago wouldn't touch veggies. I would literally not eat an entire dish if it was touched with onions or peppers. I only ate corn and it turns out that isn't even a vegetable at all (can you say heart smasher?). Now I swear - I crave veggies. You feed your body the good stuff, and it craves the good stuff. So don't tell me "I could never eat like you because I just don't like that many veggies". I won't buy it. My husband is still in disbelief when he sees my food because he knows how extremely anti-veggie I was before.

5. I REALLY missed working out with weights. I still worked out by doing my elliptical - but I am so happy to be back to using weights for strength training. My body is in so much pain from soreness right now because I worked out doing Hammer and Chisel the past 3 days. No pain no gain, right? :)

So now for the fun part. Results.

I wouldn't say my pictures are quite as drastic as the first time I did the Ultimate Reset - you can see those results here from last year --> 2015 UR Results


left is day 1, right is day 21

Last time I did it, my weight went down to 134 and that's where it stopped. That is the weight I am at when I'm treating my body 99% perfect, with no cheats.

This time, I got down to the exact same weight - which shows me that it the weight that I truly go to when I'm at my healthiest. I started at 143 this time - so 9 pounds down.

Most of my weight and bloat when I have it is held in my stomach area, my face and my legs. All of that went away. I could care less about what that stupid scale says. That number doesn't mean anything to me - all I care about is how I FEEL. And I feel great. I feel light and on top of the world.

I share the number because 90% of the people ask me about it and want to know.

So here are my pics. 9 lbs down but more importantly - so much healthier emotionally and physically.

If you are interested in hearing more about how the Ultimate Reset works - let me know and I'd love to chat!!

What is next?

I plan to do the Hammer and Chisel program until our new Core de Force program comes out. Mama is really to do some MMA style workouts!! :)

Thanks for reading!!