Thursday, February 5, 2015

Making a Comeback

Last week my knee started to really bother me. The pain got to be so much that I had to go to urgent care Friday evening. I found out that I had sprained some knee ligaments and was told to hold off on working out until it healed. I may or may not have started crying right on the spot. I knew something was really wrong, but I guess I just wanted someone to tell me a different answer.

Working out is my therapy and my happy pill. I do it because it's such a huge part of my life and my mental health. Of course I do it for the physical rewards too!

So Friday through Wednesday the only thing I did was a few ab workouts and a couple upper body workouts - which I still had to modify because it hurt pretty bad to be up on my feet. I couldn't walk normal and my knee would pretty much give out when I walked. Going up and down the stairs was pretty rough and I definitely couldn't get comfortable.

But I took the doctors orders...I iced it several time a day. I didn't workout on it. I got plenty of sleep. I slept in every day until 6-7am and I just rested. It was VERY hard for me to do that. If you know me - you can understand.

Today my knee was feeling a lot better. So I decided to do a 21 Day Fix workout, just extremely modified with NO impact at all. Like I even did modified jumping jacks. I burned half the calories that I normally would with this particular workout - but I finished the 30 minutes with no pain to my knee. It was amazing how much weaker I felt already just taking a week off.


Anyway - it felt AMAZING to get moving again and my knee hasn't started hurting so I know I took it really easy. I'll probablly just play it by ear tomorrow to see if it's still feeling good enough to do anything else. One important thing I've learned through this is that I REALLY need to rest more. The few week leading up to the injury I was really going hard and doing way too much. Between my workouts at home and going to the gym to do more...I know it was just too much on my body. This is definitely one of the things I'm always working on....learning how to slow down. Lesson learned. Lesson learned.

That's the important thing though to note - I'm always learning. I may be a coach and I do help others along their journey...but I'm still ALWAYS on my own personal journey. I make dumb decisions. I don't rest enough. I don't get enough sleep. And I definitely have my own really bad days with food. I never claim to be perfect in any of this....I struggle just like everyone else.


I want to say a special thank you to my January challenge group ladies who have helped keep my spirits up during the last week. You girls inspire me every single day with how hard you work and with how inspiring you are to everyone around you. You think you are just changing your life - but in reality you are changing many lives around you when you don't even know it. You are showing people, by example, what it can mean to make healthy changes and to live a healthy lifestyle. That is a truly amazing thing!

Thank you for all the prayers on a quick healing. Let's hope I keep moving in a positive direction and I am ready to KICK BUTT when I start 21 Day Fix Extreme on February 16th. If you've been thinking of trying the 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme - now is the time because there are crazy good deals in February and my Fit in Feb Accountability group starts soon! Claim your spot and start your journey with me. We'll do it together! <3 Message me on facebook or email me to chat about the details and my special offers.