Sunday, February 15, 2015

Extreme Meal Planning Time!

Tomorrow starts my journey with the new 21 Day Fix Extreme program. With this comes all new workouts and an all new, Extreme Eating Plan.


Do you know two of the most common reasons why people have trouble losing weight? A lot of people cut their calories far too low and their body isn't getting enough fuel. There are many problems with this...not only is it incredibly unhealthy, but your body can go into starvation mode and as soon as you start to eat in a more normal range of calories then the weight will come right back on. Another reason people have trouble losing weight is because they are focusing on eating "diet foods".

This is where the 21 Day Fix & the 21 Day Fix Extreme eating plans come in to rescue the day. This is what I love about this program.

**You have to eat a certain amount of containers per day which consist of all the different food groups that are in your suggested calorie level.
**You eat REAL, clean food on this meal plan. No diet food. And if you follow the plan, it is plenty of food and it leaves you feeling full and satisfied because you're eating what your body actually needs and fueling your body appropriatey.

So I did the original 21 Day Fix and you can read about my journey here, but this post is to talk more about the Extreme program and what that's going to mean for me starting tomorrow.

How does the Extreme meal plan differ from the original? Well Autumn Calabrese stepped this program up a few notches and she has included two different meal plans you can follow. One is the Extreme Eating Plan and one is her Countdown to Competition (she is a bikini competitor) Plan. The Extreme Eating Plan differs from the original 21 Day Fix in that it offers no cheats and no alcohol for the entire 21 days. Not only do you have no cheats, but Autumn has taken items off food lists in the Extreme Plan. Primarily the changes were made to what is allowed in the yellow container (carbs). In the original plan she allowed whole grain waffles....but this is not allowed in the 21 Day Fix Extreme. You can see a few others differences from the list below.


When you get your program delievered and you go through all of the materials, it can be a little bit overwhelming, especially reading through the meal plan. You think "how am I going to figure all of this out and make sure I eat the right things per day". Easy - #1, you get me as a coach and I help you figure it out. #2. plan plan plan. Your best bet at success with this program is planning. Preparing your meal plan, making sure you buy your groceries ahead of time, and develop a game plan. The biggest reason people fail is because they haven't planned appropriately. This is my meal plan for my first week....I have Stella's bday party on Saturday and haven't figured out the menu yet and another family birthday party on Sunday so I have the containers I'm allowed planned out and will make sure to follow that with whatever we decide on.



So this weekend I spent time preparing my meal plan for my first week. I decided I'm going to follow the Extreme Eating Plan for the first week and then then Countdown to Competition Plan the second and third week. I need to get my mindset right and back into the game. I have been far too lax in my nutrition, allowing too many cheats and too many handfuls of fish crackers over the last few weeks. It's hard for me, just like it is for any of you. Just because I'm a health and fitness coach doesn't mean that everything comes easy for me! Quite the opposite.

I'm going to take my pictures and measurements first thing in the morning tomorrow and to be completely honestly with you - I'm very nervous. I never weigh myself or take measurements anymore and I know that my food decisions over the last few weeks will make me very discouraged when I take all the measurements. But it proves the facts that I always teach. If you want the results, you have to be dedicated. With the funk I've been in with my knee problem and my routine getting all messed up, I've just slipped too much.

BUT. That is ok. I'm human and sometimes I take a few steps back. I'm a work in progress. Always. I've been pretty hard on myself over the last few weeks but I'm going to prove to myself that I have the extreme dedication and will power to complete this and get totally back on track. Autumn knows what she is doing and she creates great programs and proven nutrition plans so I know I won't be disappointed if I give it my all. PLUS - I have the support of my challengers in my online accountability group that will be doing the program WITH me. Accountability is the secret sauce people. If you want to learn more about my groups and what they are entail - message me and I'll fill you in. :) The original 21 Day Fix AND the 21 Day Fix Extreme programs are both on sale for the month of February so now is the perfect time to get yours too.

Just like I did with my original 21 Day Fix journey, I really want to try to document and share this journey as well. I want to give people a first-hand look at what the 21 days looks like so they can see if it might be something they want to do themselves. Join me in this fun journey over the next 21 days and root me on and let me do the same for you.