Thursday, January 29, 2015

Funk.

Well this week has left me in kind of a funk. I am usually a very positive person these days but this week I've felt a little less than positive and I'm not a fan of it!


On Mondays the girls usually go to my husband's parents and I spend the day working on my business. But this week Vera was down and out with a stomach bug so she was here with me. For two days she was sick and we did a lot of snuggling. The snuggling was nice because when it's your last baby - you know how limited the time is left that they want to snuggle with you. I also spent a lot of time doing laundry and trying to safeguard the living room from unpleasant effects of the stomach bug in a toddler! I probably had to wash her blankies 6 times....so that wasn't fun for her to have to part with them.

If you're friends with me or see my posts on facebook - you know that I usually get up very early to get my workout in. I know some people may think I'm crazy because it's so early and some people choose to make jokes about it. But I let it roll off me because I do it because I LOVE it. I love the way it makes me feel and it sets the tone for my day. I have finally found something that helps me with my anxiety and depression more than anything else I've tried. So while some may think I'm weird for waking up at 4:30 most days...that's ok because I really value myself and my health and I'm trying to take care of myself the best I can. So you can think I'm crazy all you want and I'll be over here working on my fitness!


When I get that time in the morning - I have silence, I can focus and I can work hard. It's almost like a meditation time for me too. Can I work out when my girls are awake? Sure! I do sometimes, but it's not quite as easy because they love to work out with me. Try doing Insanity Max: 30 next to a 3 year old and 2 year old in one space. Then tell me how easy you think it is. :)

So Monday-Wednesday I wasn't able to do my workout in the morning because Vera was up really early and I wasn't going to make her sit there and watch me work out when she wasn't feeling good and wanted to snuggle. Today I woke up at 4:30 and did a 21 Day Fix workout - Dirty 30, one of my favorites. It felt great to get back into my routine, but my knee has been really bothering me this week so I haven't been able to give it my full effort which is pretty frustrating for me. I must have pulled something and it's just been sore all week! This knee needs to be in tip top shape because the BRAND NEW 21 Day Fix Extreme program is released on Monday and I can't wait to start it!

The girls wanted to go to kid zone at the Y this morning since Stella's school was cancelled. I think they get just as stir crazy as I do sitting in the house and they love the teachers in kid zone and always have so much fun. My knee wasn't feeling great - but I figured I could do the elliptical because it's usually smooth enough on my knee. So I did that and the treadmill and some work with weights, but my knee hurt the whole time. Hoping having a heating pad on it tonight will help! But I definitely am going to wait on doing my Insanity workouts until it feels better.

I was planning on really buckling down and doing some work while the girls took naps today but instead, I decided we could all snuggle in the basement and take a nap together. That was the best idea of the day.



So while I've felt off and in a funk this week because our schedules have been so off....I'm going to list some specific things I'm thankful for in this moment to take this FUNK and throw it right in the trash can.

1. That my girls are playing in their bedroom so nicely right now like the best of friends.
2. It stopped snowing.
3. This heating pad on my knee.
4. That Parenthood finale is on tonight (not thankful that it's the finale though)
5. That tomorrow is Friday and Chad is here all weekend.
6. Getting to meet up with some local coaches on my team for bowling on Sunday
7. That I'm blessed to be home with my girls - even on the hard weeks like this.

Some days are hard and that's ok. Not every day can be sunshine and rainbows. The important thing is to keep on pushing through and seeing the silver lining. And most importantly of all - God is in control and I trust that He will always take care of us.