Thursday, January 15, 2015

3 Day Refresh Success!!

As many of you know, I spent the last 3 days doing the 3 Day Refresh (click link to find out more about that and the January special on it!). I have done this a few times in the past with success so I was pretty excited to do it again. After the holidays, all the family gatherings with some food I usually don't eat and then a weekend trip to Pittsburgh where my eating was different than normal and some drinks and treats were involved, I was definitely ready.

Some may ask why I would need to do a 3 Day Refresh if I focus on clean eating and workout daily anyway? Here are my reasons....

1. My main reason is to get my brain back in check. Sometimes it's easy to get lax in the nutrition department. I do eat clean at least 80% of the time and do my best to stick to my meal plans, but I tend to deviate more as time goes on. It's all in the head and I love the 3 Day Refresh because it forces me to be strict and to follow something that is set out for me. It helps me to remember that will power is everything and that I really don't need that evening snack like I think I do! :) I do this to prove to myself that I am determined and strong and can do anything.

2. To help cleanse after a few too many cheats like drinks and sweets from the weekend.

3. It also helps remind me just how important nutrition is to your results. I work out pretty hard every day but if I don't have my nutrition in check, nothing happens with my body or results. Doing this 3 Day Refresh just proves just how much what you eat has to do with everything. It makes no sense to work out hard and get lazy in the kitchen. Very counterintuitive to your goals and results.

Not only do I see a difference in the way my body looks - I'm much happier about the way I feel! That annoying bloat feeling is gone. You know the one you get when you eat things you're not used to - or a little too much bread. Yeah I totally had that from this weekend and I'm so glad that feeling is gone. As I've gone along in my journey I'm much more concerned with the way that I feel as opposed to the way that I look because my health is so incredibly important to me these days.

So now for the results.....drum roll please (ok it's not that exciting but whatever)....the pictures aren't awesome because I took them myself, but they will do the trick.


This one really shows how the bloat completely disappeared. I was even flexing a little bit in the first picture too!

I notice the side bulge completely gone. Back pictures are hard for me because I notice a LOT of work that needs to be done in the back of my legs. This is a a struggle area for me and something I need to focus on for sure. I'm always a work in progress!!
I love this one because it proves to me that all it takes is extra attention on nutrition and I can actually see the abs that I'm working so hard for. This goes to show - you can work your butt off with exercise but if you're lazy in the kitchen - you will have a hard time seeing those results. This pushes me to keep working on my abs. I WILL have a 6 pack!!