Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August - WHAT??

Seriously - how did we get to August already. I feel like summer just started and it's already getting close to the end. When you're a kid, summer feels like its about a year long! Then you grow up and it passes by in the blink of an eye.

People always tell you - life goes faster and faster every year...the older you get.

It couldn't be more true. Not that time literally passes faster, but we are so much busier and preoccupied that time seems to pass right before you eyes. Then you wake up and your first baby is going to Kindergarten. WHAT? I cannot believe Stella will be getting on that big yellow bus and going to school EVERY day ALL day. It doesn't seem possible!

I started staying home over 2 years ago now. I'm pretty used to being around her all the time. Just this spring I finally got a nanny to watch my girls for 2 days during the week so I could work on my business....but seriously, I'm just used to seeing my babies whenever I want. It's going to feel so strange for her to be gone every day during the week!

And Vera Jane starts preschool! Two days a week the little spitfire will head off to 3 year old preschool. She's pretty pumped up about it and I can't wait to see how she reacts the first day I drop her off. She's SO different from Stella....Stella ran to the door the first day of preschool and waved bye at me with the biggest smile. I have a feeling Vera might be holding on to my leg :)


But I think the biggest struggle will be them missing eachother. Especially Vera missing her big sister! You know, when you have your kids 21 months apart - the first year is SO hard. Well for me - it was SO HARD. Not going to lie - I was stressed and anxious and felt like I was losing it a lot of the time. :) But then something just kind of changes as they get older.

I LOVE the stage we are at. I absolutely love their ages. They are best friends, they love to play with eachother...they have these wild little imaginations and they just deeply love one another. It's so awesome to see. It's going to be a huge adjustment for them to be apart but I hope it's a great experience for both of them to make new friends.

I honestly started writing this post to talk about all of the things I'm excited for in August....especially with my business but I got busy talking about my little loves and it took the whole post.

BIG news for August will come soon!!!