Monday, August 15, 2016

A Look Back


If you didn't know me before two years ago when I finally started to take care of myself; let me tell you a little story.

The girl on the left was me about ten years ago. She was so very unhealthy and she was sad. She never exercised. Ever. Her nutrition consisted of eating out or food from a box. The only thing she drank was copious amounts of Diet Coke and too much alcohol. She hardly slept because her anxiety and depression kept her up at night. Her stress levels were through the roof. She suffered from migraine headaches all of her life and was sick all of the time.

This girl didn't have a clue how to take care of herself. Or maybe she didn't feel she was worth it. She hated looking in the mirror and would avoid it at all costs.

Then I met my husband. Then I had my first daughter and my second.

I didn't want to be that person anymore. I knew not only was I worth taking care of, but now I had a whole family who needed me at my best.

What would I teach these little girls about health and self worth with the way I took care of myself?

So I learned. So I worked really hard and made big changes in my life. Was it easy and super fun all the time? Heck to the no.

But after two years of daily and CONSISTENT dedication to my health, I'm now that girl on the right. A girl who loves herself enough to want to take care of her body, mind and soul. A wife who loves to feel confident. A mommy who feels proud of the example she sets for her little girls.

I'm ten years older but I feel 10 years younger. I'm migraine free this WHOLE time. I haven't been sick in over a year and a half. Not even a simple cold.

Why share all of this? Because I wasn't always the girl posting about fitness and shakeology and eating clean. I was a super duper hot mess before. And if I could make changes, literally ANYONE can. I promise you.

If you are ready to take that first step I would truly love to talk to you. It just takes a decision like I made a little over two years ago. Your whole life can change. I guarantee it.