Thursday, August 6, 2015

WHY

So as a Beachbody Coach - we talk a lot about our "WHY". When we start at challengers, we write our goals down and are asked to dig deep into our why of being a part of the challenge group and starting the at-home workout program and Shakeology. It's not about "oh I want to lose 20 pounds". That is not deep. Why do you want to lose 20 pounds? Because I want to put clothes on and not want to cry because I feel so uncomfortable.

How many times have you had somewhere to go and you try on 5 outfits and none of them feel right and you just want to cry? Or throw your clothes and make up an excuse not to go out?

I've been there. Or maybe it's because you want to play with your kids and not feel like you're drained of all of your energy. Or you want to go to the beach with them and not wear a sweatshirt and jeans. Or you want to actually be in one of the 100 pictures you take of them so you are in part of the memories. Those are the WHYS we help people dig down deeper to get into.

When you dig seriously deep into your why, you much more likely to want to succeed because you let that drive you. When you let only a dumb number on a scale drive what you do - you will give up and get frustrated. It's so much more than a number on the scale.

So moving on.

Then as you get into coaching - we are asked a lot what our "why" is for wanting to be a coach.

Every coach starts with "I want to help people" or "I want to make money so I can quit my job to stay home with my kids". I'm pretty sure every single coach has as least one of these that they think is their main why. But it's not the real why.

Of course we all want to help people. If that isn't your main driving factor that keeps you passionate about this business - then you will never see long term success. You might fool people into buying the programs and Shakeology and joining your challenge groups because all of these things really do work. But you will not be in this for the long term.

Our whys are what define us. What keep us pushing harder and harder, especially when times get tough.

I started coaching because I saw such a drastic change in my life just by joining my first challenge group. When my eyes were opened to what could happen when you focus in your health - both physically and mentally - I couldn't wait to just share it with the world.

I will share my why sometime. I'm not ready to share publicly yet because it's very personal to me.

But I write this post because I want anyone reading to re-evaluate some things in their life. Whether it be fitness/health related.....career related....or whatever. Write down what drives you. Then keep asking yourself questions.

I want to lose weight. Why?

Because I want to feel more confident. Why?

Because I want to live my life to the fullest and not hide anymore. Why?

Because life is short and I know that I have so much to offer if I just feel my best. Why?

Because when I feel my best I'm a better wife, mom, friend, daughter and friend. Why?

Because I'm able to really be myself and share myself and my blessings with others.

You catch my drift by now I'm sure.

What is your WHY for the things you do?