Monday, April 27, 2015

If It Aint Broke - Don't Fix It

I'm really excited about today. My 6 week countodown to summer bootcamp started and I'm super thrilled for all of my challengers who decided to invest in their health and fitness so they can feel great and confident this summer. So they can feel more energy to play with their kids. So they can go to the beach without wanting to hide in heavy clothes. So they can WANT to be in the pictures with their families.

Everyone in the group will be doing either the 21 Day Fix or the 21 Day Fix Extreme program. Some are new challengers and some are challengers who've already completed a challenge group with me. I have some realy loyal workout warriors (my special name for them) who have been in several groups with me and they just keep coming back for more!

So of course I'm excited for all of my challengers, but I'm also excited for my personal journey as well. I'm going to be following the 21 Day Fix meal plan for the next 6 weeks with all of my challengers. When I first did it - I ended up in the best shape of my life and I just felt absolutely incredible. So why try to do something different when I know what works so great for me. Autumn knew what she was doing when she created this nutrition plan and it honestly works and is such a perfect way to eat.

For those of you who don't know how it works - here is the gist of it:

The program comes with color coded portion control containers. Each color relates to a different food category.


You calculate your caloric target and then you end up in a certain bracket. My bracket allows for the following per day.... 4 red, 3 green, 2 purple, 2 yellow, 1 orange, 1 blue, and 2 tsp. When you first get the containers, you think "holy crap, these look small - I'm going to STARVE". And it's just the furthest thing from the truth. When you're actually eating the right stuff....and the right amount of stuff, you'll be surprised at how full you actually are. I have so many people who come to me and say "I'm having trouble fitting in all of my containers every day!" When you fuel your body appropriately - things change. And it's amazing.


The nutrition guide lays out exactly what foods you can have in each container and there are a lot of options. Using tracking sheets like this are super helpful to keeping you on track during your day. Autumn Calabrese (the creator and celebrity trainer) has done such an awesome job providing resources for the program. She has done several question & answer You Tube videos and posts recipes and tips all the time. She's one of my favorite trainers for sure. (and I got to meet her and that was amazing!!)


So here goes a wonderful journey again with my soul mate program! As far as workouts go - I'm going to be doing a mix of 21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix (original), and then throwing in some random workouts from my other programs such as T25, PiYo, Insanity Max: 30, Body Beast, and ChaLEAN Extreme). I'm enjoying being able to pick and choose right now so I think I'll do this for at least the next 3 weeks.

If you want to learn more about the 21 Day Fix program - let me know and I'd love to chat with you about it and answer some questions you may have. I'm sure you can tell - but I've been super passionate about this program since I did it because I just know how well it works and how much it can teach you about healthy eating. Send me a message on FB or email me at krystajmeyer@gmail.com