Sunday, June 26, 2016

Misconception #2

I'm sure all of you have been on the edge of your seats since my last post - just wondering....what will the next misconception will be? Sorry to make you wait so long. Hopefully this puts you at ease. :)

Misconception #2: Working out every day is easy for me. Or - I LOVE to work out every day.
Truth: I am just like you. And you. And you. I don't wake up and say "ohhhhh where are my shoes - I can't wait to go work my butt off and sweat and feel like I'm going to pass out."

Nope - doesn't happen that way.

The truth of it is....there are a lot of days where I have a lot of excuses that come into my head. I try to talk myself out of it because it just doesn't feel like the fun thing to do. There are many other things that sound easier. Sitting on the couch. Reading. Watching tv. Cleaning. Scrolling facebook. Anything.


Some days I'm just tired and don't feel like it.

Some days my mind isn't in it and I think about the million things I have to do and I think about how I really can't fit it in.

Some days I'd rather grab a glass of wine and chill instead of pushing play and sweating.

But what I've learned over the last two years especially is that every single day we have a choice. We were all blessed with the same 24 hours. I can choose to set aside 30 minutes of the 1,440 we are given every day. I can choose to take 2% of my day and do right by my body. I can take that time and schedule it into my day just like any other important meeting. Some days I need to motivate myself with a really cute workout outfit to get the job done :)


But why? What does it really matter - right?

Well I just truly believe that it does. I think that the small and seemingly insignificant choices we make every day, consistently add up to something really great and powerful.

Because I spend 30 minutes a day taking care of myself by working out and sweating - these things happen over time....

--> I am healthier than I've ever been in my 33 years of life. I went from being a very unhealthy, always sick type person to someone who can't even remember the last time she was sick.

--> My little girls are learning by example what it means to be healthy and take care of yourself. They don't hear me telling them that getting exercise and eating their fruits and veggies is going to make them healthy and strong. They SEE it - which is far more powerful than words. Watching and copying - that's what they do. And we find very special bonding time working out together. They think it's so FUN to work out with Mommy. I love that they see this as something you just do and are able to make it a fun activity that we can do together.

--> I am able to inspire other people to start their own health journey. Do you know how amazing that is? God has given me an incredible gift here. He has helped me to let go of any fear of what people think of me so that I can spread my journey all over the place to help people to start caring about their own health. Is it always easy? Absolutely not. There are days when comments can get to me of course...I'm human. But at the end of the day - I go to bed at night knowing that everything I'm doing is to truly help another person. One more person - that's always my goal and fills my heart with passion.

So to sum this up. No, it's not easy for me to work out every day. I have the same struggles that everyone else does. I wasn't given any more magical motivation than anyone else. I just decide. Every.single.day - I decide.

We all have a choice with everything in life. Yes, our circumstances are all different and we all have different priorities. But if you are struggling to get started because you think "I will never get into working out" or "I'm too busy to work out"....please just trust me and know that it's worth it. The benefits far outweight the cost. And I would love to help you get started :)

xoxo,
Krysta Joelle