Monday, December 14, 2015

Level

It's been almost a month since my last post about accepting help. I just wanted to give an update on all that because like I've said a million times before, I truly thing sharing things like this helps not only me but possibly other people who are going through similar situations.

So I tried one medication that made me really depressed. Like balling in the doctor's office depressed when he asked me how I was doing. So we swiftly changed that and tried something else and it's been over a month now with that and I'm feeling so.much.better.

I feel like myself again. Like I can focus, like I can breathe, like I can just enjoy life. I feel much more leveled and balanced which makes it much easier to go throughout the day, let me tell you that. I don't feel the intense anxiety and get crippled with it. I don't feel like I need a xanax so my heart doesn't explode.

I know there are so many opinions on medication, and there are so many alternatives and therapy. I understand all of that. And I've been through it all. I went a LONG time trying to handle it on my own, but I also know myself better than anyone else does and I knew something wasn't right.

I am so glad I chose to explore this direction because I feel like ME again. And most importantly, I feel like I'm able to be a much better Mommy and wife - which is always my number one priority.

My heart breaks for anyone who suffers from depression and/or anxiety and I pray for those of you who are very near and dear to me every day. <3